Jump to content
jsg

Symphony #10 for Virtual Instruments

Recommended Posts

I know that many of you around this forum are mostly into pop and rock music, but for those who enjoy instrumental non-pop music, I am posting my entire 10th symphony.

I hope you enjoy listening.

Best,

Jerry

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Very nice....  love this style of music.

Fantastic piece of work.
WELL DONE!

Edited by garybrun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it! Thank you, Jerry, for this wonderful gift. A lot of work went into that, it shows. And is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I can only imagine the work it took to put all this together. Just excellent.

Got a question.  About 1:15 and elsewhere in the 1st movement is an instrument that sounded more like a traditional synthesizer doing some arps to me. Is that what it is or is that a bassoon or oboe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bjornpdx said:

Wow, I can only imagine the work it took to put all this together. Just excellent.

Got a question.  About 1:15 and elsewhere in the 1st movement is an instrument that sounded more like a traditional synthesizer doing some arps to me. Is that what it is or is that a bassoon or oboe?

I think the passage you're referring to is at measure 31.  Dune, a soft synth with ARP comes in and then is joined by Massive, another soft synth at measure 33.  A 3rd synth then enters at measure 35, which is a Cakewalk synth, Z3TA.  No oboes or bassoons in those measures.  The score is in my original post so you can check the orchestration at those measures.    Glad you asked!

Best,

Jerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a quick listen maybe 50 seconds sounds amazing  ...I`m comming back to it  later with a glass of red wine  ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Jerry!  I love your new sound. I haven't listened to any of your work in a good while. I love how you sprinkled in some synths and the twinkling high synth sounds were perfect! Hope this one if found by someone and could use it in a movie.  I would love to see the credits -xxxxx-song by Jerry Gerber! Yes I think it is that good!

Max Arwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for taking the time to listen to this piece.  And thanks for the positive feedback. 

Jerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mix does sound nice, perhaps another day I will get a chance to listen to a couple of the other movements, I do like the integration of synth sounds with the sample based orchestral sounds. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jerry, I listened to the First Movement (I will listen to the others when I get the chance this weekend), and I really liked it. The mix of synths and traditional instruments really worked for me. The movement held my interest all the way through, and was a pleasure to listen to. I look forward to listening to the rest of it.

Regards,

Rob  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 1:57 PM, Max Arwood said:

Wow Jerry!  I love your new sound. I haven't listened to any of your work in a good while. I love how you sprinkled in some synths and the twinkling high synth sounds were perfect! Hope this one if found by someone and could use it in a movie.  I would love to see the credits -xxxxx-song by Jerry Gerber! Yes I think it is that good!

Max Arwood

Thanks Max, I'm glad you enjoyed the piece.

Jerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 7:53 AM, Amicus717 said:

Hi Jerry, I listened to the First Movement (I will listen to the others when I get the chance this weekend), and I really liked it. The mix of synths and traditional instruments really worked for me. The movement held my interest all the way through, and was a pleasure to listen to. I look forward to listening to the rest of it.

Regards,

Rob  

Hi Amicus,

Thank you for the kind comments, glad you liked the 1st movement..

Jerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...