Symphony #10 for Virtual Instruments

Jerry Gerber

Wow, I can only imagine the work it took to put all this together. Just excellent.

Got a question.  About 1:15 and elsewhere in the 1st movement is an instrument that sounded more like a traditional synthesizer doing some arps to me. Is that what it is or is that a bassoon or oboe?

1 hour ago, bjornpdx said:

Wow, I can only imagine the work it took to put all this together. Just excellent.

Got a question.  About 1:15 and elsewhere in the 1st movement is an instrument that sounded more like a traditional synthesizer doing some arps to me. Is that what it is or is that a bassoon or oboe?

I think the passage you're referring to is at measure 31.  Dune, a soft synth with ARP comes in and then is joined by Massive, another soft synth at measure 33.  A 3rd synth then enters at measure 35, which is a Cakewalk synth, Z3TA.  No oboes or bassoons in those measures.  The score is in my original post so you can check the orchestration at those measures.    Glad you asked!

Best,

Jerry

Wow Jerry!  I love your new sound. I haven't listened to any of your work in a good while. I love how you sprinkled in some synths and the twinkling high synth sounds were perfect! Hope this one if found by someone and could use it in a movie.  I would love to see the credits -xxxxx-song by Jerry Gerber! Yes I think it is that good!

Max Arwood

Hi Jerry, I listened to the First Movement (I will listen to the others when I get the chance this weekend), and I really liked it. The mix of synths and traditional instruments really worked for me. The movement held my interest all the way through, and was a pleasure to listen to. I look forward to listening to the rest of it.

Regards,

Rob  

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 1:57 PM, Max Arwood said:

Wow Jerry!  I love your new sound. I haven't listened to any of your work in a good while. I love how you sprinkled in some synths and the twinkling high synth sounds were perfect! Hope this one if found by someone and could use it in a movie.  I would love to see the credits -xxxxx-song by Jerry Gerber! Yes I think it is that good!

Max Arwood

Thanks Max, I'm glad you enjoyed the piece.

Jerry

On 4/17/2020 at 7:53 AM, Amicus717 said:

Hi Jerry, I listened to the First Movement (I will listen to the others when I get the chance this weekend), and I really liked it. The mix of synths and traditional instruments really worked for me. The movement held my interest all the way through, and was a pleasure to listen to. I look forward to listening to the rest of it.

Regards,

Rob  

Hi Amicus,

Thank you for the kind comments, glad you liked the 1st movement..

Jerry