BUG: None = Omni? + Any MonitoringFX?

PASHKULI

On 4/10/2020 at 3:08 PM, Craig Anderton said:

That's a better way to do things in CbB, I didn't realize Exports were always made from the Master bus when you selected Entire Mix. I've always exported using Hardware Outputs as the Source Category, that seemed safest to me. Good to know there's an alternative.

In Studio One, you can't route the Main bus to another bus, so that technique wouldn't work in SO. You always export from the hardware outputs.

@Craig AndertonWhen you select entire mix, exports are captured from the hardware mains rather than the buses. There is no hardwired logic to favor the master bus - its all based on the signal flow. i.e. if your selection has tracks and buses that route to a specific set of mains by default they will be shown in the dialog.

If there are multiple hardware mains  selected when you export, then we internally create a bus to mix down all the mains selected and export that bus output.

• Thanks 1

This is how I did it.

1. Create a Bus for the Master Bus (and name it Monitoring)

2. When exporting the song, chose:

Export - Audio...

Source Category: Buses (do not chose Entire Mix)

Select only Master (the other Monitoring Bus should be left unselected)

Simple workaround, much convenient than the workaround in Studio One or Reason.

To the developers of Cakewalk:

Here is the logic of how MonitroingFX should be implemented:

Create a MonitoringFX slot in the FX panel of the Master Bus and always place/keep it last.

When Exporting the song (Entire Mix or Hardware Outs) bypass last panel of FX called MonitoringFX.

Job done. Should be not more than 10 lines of code, because you've got the code for FX slot/chains already and its on/bypass functions.