Bad Advise

Douglas Kirby

Intro bgvox a little light (should be more like after the verses). I'd shorten up the second intro section a bit.
Is it a 4 bar pattern, I'd have to listen again, but its not "building" like the first section, hence I'd shorten it...
That "call and response" in the second verse; guitar up a bit (bridge pickup might bring it forward, like the solo)
But don't walk on the vocal.
WARNING! This is your tune, so your vision. These are quick notes I made as the tune rolled.
More Doug, and more than anything, I appreciate its your voice!

t

19 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Intro bgvox a little light (should be more like after the verses). I'd shorten up the second intro section a bit.
Is it a 4 bar pattern, I'd have to listen again, but its not "building" like the first section, hence I'd shorten it...
That "call and response" in the second verse; guitar up a bit (bridge pickup might bring it forward, like the solo)
But don't walk on the vocal.
WARNING! This is your tune, so your vision. These are quick notes I made as the tune rolled.
More Doug, and more than anything, I appreciate its your voice!

t

Thanks for listening and for your crits.  Per you suggestions - I'm going to turn up the bgvs a bit on the intro, and I'll turn up the lead guitar a bit on the second verse.

Regarding the drum track and arrangement - I like it as is.

• Like 1