Generic Audio Driver problems

Barry Boodle

Question

Dear friends,

Have you ever faced this problem after trouble shooting the Sound "Play Audio". Any solutions to fix this problem would be highly appreciated. I have a Sonar V-100 studio hardware as a MIDI interface to communicate between my Roland E 09 IN Interactive arranger keyboard. The problem I am facing at the moment is in-spite of all the cable reconnections I've tried along with the IN/OUT Midi as well as the quarter inch cable (which acts as the input cable for getting the sound out of the VST instruments in my Cakewalk by Bandlabs DAW, I am still facing the same problem. The VST instruments like Strings,Bass Guitar, Drums can be heard in the DAW using the clicks of my mouse but the keyboard is unable to communicate the same when I play on it. Tried every possible fix for the past 2 days and still trying. Humbly request you to let me know how can I trigger and set this problem once and for all!!...God's blest you friends forevermore!

Regards,

Barry

Generic Audio driver problem.docx

1 answer to this question

Hi Barry,

You must have your E 09 set as an input on your MIDI/instrument track in order to have it play your VSTi.  Make sure that your E 09 is checked as a MIDI device input under Preferences | MIDI | Devices | Inputs for it to be an available as an input device.

Kind regards,

tecknot