Beginner having trouble with effects

Murphieo

I know this probably is just my lack of knowledge, but how can I get audio fx to work on my tracks? I recorded an acoustic guitar with a mic through an audio track and tried to drop a compressor on it but nothing happened as I slide things around. I tried the same with a few different equalizers and still nothing. The only thing I can use is that tiny EQ plot in the console. Can anyone help?

It seems that you were able to insert the effect and "slide things around". You must expand the effect by double clicking on it to make the adjustments. You may drop effects either in the designated fx area or into the pro channel strip. Is the effect showing in the effects bin?

FYI- The "tiny" EQ in the console can be expanded much larger. 

eq.JPG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Starise said:

It seems that you were able to insert the effect and "slide things around".

Sorry for lack of explanation. I by slide things around I meant that I expanded the effect and made changes (by using the sliders in the compressors) and as I made the changes, still nothing happened. And yes they showed up in the bin.

That seems odd. There are several effects software on/off switches. If you look at Scook's video you will see a small green indicator on the left of the effects bin. The effects bin can be toggled off and on with a similar button on the efx box inside of the effects bin. There's also a master on/off button to the right of the time counter.

Any of these can turn off the effects.

• Thanks 1