Tempo change

Hey!

I use EZ drummer 2 and somehow i changed the tempo from 120 to 123 bpm twenty bars in the song..didnt notis at first i played the bass, guitars and so on (audio).

If i change the tempo back to 120 then my audiofiles will get out of sync!!!

How can i do a tempochange for the whole projekt and get the audiofiles go with the new tempo...

Timestretch or what, doesent have a clue..somebody help!

Kent.

Someone else maybe give a better answer here but honestly I'd suck it up and re-record the audio. Sometimes you just have to break down and re-record the audio for any number of reasons and for me this would be one of them. If you can live with the tempo change you can change the tempo of the midi drums to match the audio where needed. Short of that you're looking at stretching audio and dealing with whatever negative artifacts come that and I would just seek to re-record the audio before time-stretching but that's just me

Ctrl+A to select the whole project, and then open the Audiosnap palette or the Audiosnap section of the Clips tab in the Inspector, and enable Follow Project in Autostretch mode. Then delete the unintended tempo change, and experiment with different stretching algotithms for different tracks to get the best result. Slowing down audio tends to create noticable artifacts then speeding up, but 2% shouldn't be too bad.

Personally I might just live with the tempo change. If you didn't notice it immediately, it probably won't bother listeners, and might even add a useful sense of increased energy later in the song.

Edited by David Baay