Cakewalk V-100 studio drivers for bandlabs

Barry Boodle

Question

Hi Friends

I have been using Cakewalk products for around 15 more years and I just trust this brand by the quality of sound they give. The problem I am facing now is I've been using the  SonarV-100 Studio hardware with the windows 8.1 version 3 years ago. I got the drivers updated according to comply with the working of the windows 10 program (64 bit) for Cakewalk by band labs till yesterday evening. Today I am unable to use my Roland E-09 IN Keyboard as the MIDI interface and I have tried every option. But I am failing to produce the sound from the VST instruments through my keyboard. I am getting a message "Generic Audio  problem" > Can any of you help on this.will really appreciate as this may help our other friends connected on the discussion forum.

Thanks,

Barry

2 answers to this question

On 4/9/2020 at 4:29 PM, Barry Boodle said:

Today I am unable to use my Roland E-09 IN Keyboard as the MIDI interface and I have tried every option.

What options are you trying. According to the user manual, this keyboard has standard 5 pin din MIDI out connectors.

How are you connecting this to the PC?  If I was wanting to do this, I would be using a USB to MIDI adapter - like the Roland UM-ONE mk2 USB MIDI Interface.

If you have done the above, is input echo on for the MIDI or simple instrument track you which to send MIDI to?

What do you have.  Have you installed the latest manufacturers drivers? (Don't rely on Windows update)

Are you using ASIO mode for your audio interface? (Don't install ASIO4ALL - it's just a wrapper)

The VS-100 has its own ASIO drivers, and midi ports .- absolutely no need for ASIO4ALL here. And as an Audio interface, it is super capable.  I used mine for years before the big upgrade, still love the little beast for "Live to 2 track" nights. I am going to assume that the VS-100 is installed correctly, and that it is NOT in .wav recorder mode. Transport lights and fader should all be working if it is installed correctly.

Make sure ASIO Driver is selected, and input/output device is the VS-100 . Just enable all I/O ports, my VS-100 is dead silent if nothing is plugged in on all channels. 

Assuming 5 pin cables going from VS-100 to keyboard, It *should* just require selecting the VS-100 as an available input, and the keyboard as an input and output in the Midi devices section.  I know that works with my Ghettofabulous M-Audio Keystation that way anyways except the M has no need for input. 

Next is routing the midi signal to the VS instrument. That ought to be just setting the right channels or turning everything to Omni if you don't need to break out parts on the input of your midi track (you need minimum of 2 tracks - one midi, one audio).   Outputfor midi will go to your VST installed in the synth rack. Then you need an associated Audio track, input is that same synth, output is whatever buss you need it to land on.