Newest version doesn't work on Windows 7?

Hello Bandlab,

may you post the last executable under Seven please ? I make the update to the new version and Cakewalk cannot work in my sytem ? So I want return to a last version officialy supported for Seven please . Best regards.

26 minutes ago, Nicault said:

Hello Bandlab,

may you post the last executable under Seven please ? I make the update to the new version and Cakewalk cannot work in my sytem ? So I want return to a last version officialy supported for Seven please . Best regards.

Nicault - I am on a win 7 system also.  There is a roll back installer where you downloaded the early release at the top of this forum thread. Simply download and install the roll back installer and will install the 2020 -1 release. I too am having issues installing the Early Release - as it crashes a video driver for some reason. I have not found a solution yet and I won't be installing the newest release until I can sort out my particular system issue. The crash does not appear to be generic in relation to a WIN 7 installation as other have installed it and it functions properly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RBH said:

The crash does not appear to be generic in relation to a WIN 7 installation as other have installed it and it functions properly.

I only loaded the EA version yesterday on my Win7 DAW so haven't had much time to test, but it did open OK and seemed to behave as expected.

It's not like me to remember something so completely different to what is there now.

So i can only think of one thing.

It was written with another formulation in the beginning as i was one of the first persons to read about the new update.

Edited by Kurre
Correction.

On 4/12/2020 at 7:11 PM, Kurre said:

An expanded thought.

The multinational giant MS forces you to make an account to install win10. It can be worked around but they made it hard to do so.

MS have also implied that win10 would have ads.

Do you think ads would not affect creative work?

Does updates and maintenance in the background never affect you when you're working at the pc?

Almost never isn't really a good answer.

some exapanded thoughts

software generally is moving (almost finished moving) to account-based access (can you name some software that doesn't need an account these days?)

the only "ads" i've seen are.. errr.... none?

updates can be controlled/scheduled if you have pro version (maybe even in home version with registry hacks?)

so, yeah, i suspect you're being a bit paranoid, win10 ain't going away, and you need to hop aboard, sooner is probably better than later

/good luck :)

For the record Windows 7 is end of life and we do not have the resources to test or develop custom workarounds or hacks to keep CbB working on Win 7 anymore.
Though we try to remain basically compatible, problems like this will continue to happen because nobody is testing it anymore.

That said, if there is something fundamentally broken and we can find a cause we do try and address it when possible.

• Like 6

On 4/14/2020 at 1:20 PM, Nicault said:

Hello Bandlab,

@Nicault what exactly is the problem you are having? If anyone on this thread is having a specific Win7 problem with the early access release please get in touch ASAP.

Just to clarify for this thread, the problem RBH was having has been resolved. He has a broken DirectX installation that causes even the Microsoft DirectX diagnostic tools (DXDiag) to crash. The new version of Cakewalk uses Direct2D for some drawing optimizations for the arranger UI and this is what triggers the problem on his PC.

Normal Win7 systems are unaffected by this problem. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3