Does Cakewalk have a way to alter the mod wheel dynamics in a song, but still maintain the shape of the dynamics?

Sean

I want to make the Modulation at 30 for quiet parts and 90 for loud parts (and occasionally dropping quieter when the instrument volume drops to a whisper).

I want to make sure the instrument mixes well with the other parts, but I'm not sure if it will sound perfect until I've programmed the entire instrument's modulation (dynamics).

If I'm done programming the CC channel and I decide the quiet parts are too quiet or the loud parts are too bombastic, is there a way to adjust the mod wheel values after they have been programmed, and still maintain the overall shape of the dynamics?

Edited by Sean

You might be able to find a CAL routine to do this :

I did a generic Google search for cakewalk cal routines

Here is a link to a collection of CAL files. I just downloaded and unzipped it - seems legit. I already have a decent collection of them - but this list is pretty extensive. I did see one titled ctrl hi low. I'm not at my daw to test though.  Other than a cal script - you can generally control envelopes pretty cleanly. I don't know if the transform box on the controllers pane works for controllers or if it just works for velocities.

http://www.dancetech.com/css_downloadfinal.cfm?file_ID=92

One way: any controller can be modified using the event inspector in the control area. After selecting a range, that inspector can change values by n% or by increment +n or -n. By % would flatten or exaggerate the dynamics, while + or - would change the over all level, keeping the same dynamics.

This seems like a job for the MIDI Transform tool in the PVR.

Cakewalk Reference Guide pg 819

It is often desirable to manipulate MIDI continuous controller (CC) events while preserving the original
performance. This allows you to more precisely fine-tune the events and also correct any mistakes without rerecording
the data.
The Transform tool lets you move, ramp, flex, stretch, and scale MIDI continuous controller events by simply
dragging the Transform tool bounding box.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

This seems like a job for the MIDI Transform tool in the PVR.

Cakewalk Reference Guide pg 819

It is often desirable to manipulate MIDI continuous controller (CC) events while preserving the original
performance. This allows you to more precisely fine-tune the events and also correct any mistakes without rerecording
the data.
The Transform tool lets you move, ramp, flex, stretch, and scale MIDI continuous controller events by simply
dragging the Transform tool bounding box.

Thanks! That's exactly the tool. I googled the tool and and as soon as I figured out where it the "transform" button was, I was able to figure it out pretty easily.