Sonar 7 studio

Gary Smith

Question

Hi I have not used sonar 7 in a while.  I need to get my registration number.

The cakewalk site says it will renew my password by email but nothing comes.

I see it has been taken over.  Before I try to migrate I would like to get my old registration number.

Where do you think I can find it.  I have a number which I thought was the correct number

but it says invalid number.  Is this new program as good as the old sonar 7.

TIA.

Gary

Hi thanks for reply.  I had a registration number but it does not now want to work.  I tried the support at cakewalk but that is asking for my password which again it will not recognise. It says it will send a new password but nothing arrives in my inbox (btinternet).  I can put the reg number in through administrator but it says wrong number.  This happened once before years ago and I got the reg number from the cake web site. But it wants a password which I probably forgot.  It wont take any new account applications.  I need to get sonar running as I have years of material backed up on my desk top.  The problem started when the shop reinstalled win 10 for me.

Thanks

Gary

Thw 

Hi I tried that . It said it would send a new password.  Nothing happens.

I have the program working on my laptop ok.  Do you know where the registration number is stored in sonar just in case I wrote it down wrong.  I couls then check the number.  What a disaster............ Thanks

Gary

3 minutes ago, Gary Smith said:

It said it would send a new password.  Nothing happens.

As I tried to explain above, there is no automatic password reset.

The links to support in my previous posts are to the current support team working for BandLab. They can reset passwords for old Cakewalk SSO accounts.

Yeah, email support.  I did the same adventure - no one is getting those password request e-mails because the email system is turned off, I guess.  Either you set up the account when it was possible, or you are eternally borked.  

If you email support AND you had a license properly registered before they can send a list of your license keys. They did that for me.

The good news is that Cakewalk by Bandlab has a fantastic deal on the latest iteration of Cakewalk - It's practically free. No, wait... It IS free!   The only thing you lose is your bundled plug ins from Sonar 7. 

Edited by StudioNSFW

Just now, StudioNSFW said:

The only thing you lose is your bundled plug ins from Sonar 7. 

The plug-ins bundled with 64bit SONAR 7 should work.

Pretty sure they install even if the SONAR 7 is not registered. The DAW will go into demo mode after 30 days but the plug-ins will still be available for CbB.

The project will load in CbB.

The big PITA will be porting projects made with 32bit DX plug-ins. Not all of them was ported to 64bit.

While all the projects should open fine in CbB the DX plug-ins that are 32bit only will not load.

If you have not installed the 64bit version of SONAR 7, do so.

Then install BandLab Assistant and CbB following these instructions http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Introduction.30.html

Expect a huge learning curve but at least you will have a working, supported and current DAW that can read your old projects.

All the information is in this link http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Introduction.30.html

The PC will need to be connected to the internet to download, install and activate the software.

Once activated, the internet connection is not needed to use the software.

I hope the PC is running at least 64bit Win7, preferably Win10.