Sample Logic Guitar Fury

cclarry

BRING OUT YOUR NEW AXE.

GUITAR FURY is an extensive 43 GB collection of nearly 600 multi-sampled guitars and guitar-inspired instrument presets.

This is cinematic diversity at its finest, featuring multi-sampled performances captured by guitar impresario Steve Ouimette and programmed by the Sample Logic team.

Think you know guitar libraries? Think again! GUITAR FURY is no traditional multi-sampled guitar library. It goes far beyond with every preset meticulously produced and dressed in glorious creative effects, resulting in a cinematic sound that blurs the line between music and sound design. From this massive virtual instrument arises a straight to the point user driven musical tool designed with a fresh and modern easy-to-use interface.

GUITAR FURY is now available at an introductory price of $119.99 instead of $199.99 for 2 weeks.

Learn more here: 

https://www.samplelogic.com/products/guitar-fury/

AT A GLANCE:

594 Instruments & Presets.

43 GB Sample Content.

Made entirely from multi-sampled guitar instruments.

Dynamic meta-tag browsing system.

Hot-swappable effects chain technology.

Randomization refined for instant and creative inspiration.

Streamlined User Interface for stress free composing.

AUDIO DEMOS

• Like 1

Just now, Fleer said:

$96 for owners of Cinematic Guitars or Drum Fury. 

You tempted Fleer (assume you own one or both of those)?

Was thinking this better be good at 43Gb! I shall certainly give the demos a good listen.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Cheers @Mesh  now I see - I was thinking this https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/836332593282142449/ 

Lol!! 

This does sound very good, but I still have my  heart set on motion keys.....on sale at ADP    of course.    

When it goes on sale at APD. 

(had to correct some false advertising)  :P

Edited by Mesh

I was REALLY, REALLY  interested in this library, but was trying to talk myself out of it, because there are two other libraries I want out on intro now and.... well you know.

But this video totally sold me and I'm going to get it.  I am a big sucker for guitar libraries, but I believe this is something quite new, and very useful for my music.

I have been waiting forever for Spectrasonics to come out with Guitarscape. Doesn't it make sense that they would do that after bass and keyboards and drums?   If they ever do, I think it might include some stuff like this.  Maybe not as weird as this, but definitely some rarities along with the classics. 

But this would still be a great library, even if there is a Guitarscape some day. 

• Like 1

I have been downloading this for hours.  Normally I can download 40 GB in no time at all. I think all the people home in my building are using their computers at the same time and slowing everything down. 

I can only wonder how long it will take me to get the 200 GB  Jade Ethnic Orchestra....

This is better for me to worry about than the Black Death lurking outside my door in Brooklyn.

Okay I got this. 

As I said before on this threar, I wasn't going to buy this until I watched the video where Steve Oimette showed all the guitars and things he used to make it. Somehow I thought, "this is Guitarscape!!" I thought I would get a lot of rarity guitar instruments that don't exist in any other library. Of course, that's ridiculous--Sample Logic does not in any way present this as a set of full-fledged guitar instruments. But I was disappointed and had buyer's remorse, but this is in no way critical of this library, it's simply my mistaken expectations.

1 - IMHO this is primarily a sound design library. It just happens that the source for the sound design is guitars and unusual "guitars," amps and DIs. Yes, there are "traditional" guitar and guitarish sounds, but that is not the emphasis.

If sound design is what you are looking for, then this is a great library. 43 GB of of high quality, very usable presets.

2 - It is secondarily a "randomizer" library for creating unexpected presets from clicking the randomize button. I haven't had great results with this so far after pushing the button a hundred times or so with various settings. I've had better luck tweaking presets to my liking.  To me, the standard for judging a good randomizer is how quickly you get musical results by pushing it. But maybe I will get better at this in time.

This is all I wrote in VI:Control, but this is what I'm writing for all of you...

First, IMHO I prefer ujam's Carbon as a cinematic guitar.  If you are looking for guitar sound design for movies... that's what I  would recommend.  While it may not have the quantity source material--it is profoundly more powerful  and more contemporary for the way it processes sound.  It's like an Output instrument, if you know what I mean.  

Guitar Fury might be better for a broader type of uses...  pop, ambient tracks, etc.  We shall see.   If I could resell this, I would, but I will try to get the most out of it.

For a randomizer, Abstrung blows this out of the water. Instead of choosing from 3 options, you have a zillion.    Granted Abstrung is not just a guitar library, but you will get amazing results all the time.    Most importantly it has a thousand undos!   So if you think there was something awesome you got by randomizing ten minutes ago, you can go back.   And, of course, Abstrung is 13 euros right now HERE.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Guitar Fury might be better for a broader type of uses...  pop, ambient tracks, etc.  We shall see.   If I could resell this, I would, but I will try to get the most out of it.

I picked it up (with the coupon from having Cinematic Guitar Infinity).   I starting trying to use it and found it's not so usable for pretty much any normal guitar part (rhythm or lead).  The presets do sound nice and there are a bunch of guitars but none of them are extremely multi-sampled/playable.  I kept replacing it with Orange Tree guitars and moving the Guitar Fury to another track/part.  These sounds/samples would have been better with Sample Logic's normal Kontakt instrument with four parts.  Which may be what Cinematic Guitars Motion is -- which I was offered a discount on while checking out (not sure $199 while buying a $100 product is a "discount" but whatever).

No regrets, but I can see this coming to APD at a much better price.  Or maybe some sort of bundle (this plus Cinematic Guitars Motion for $100 would seem reasonable to me). 

I like Sample Logic's stuff but using it is a lot harder than it looks.