The Two of Us

RexRed

1 hour ago, RexRed said:

This song is far from done

You've got it "outlined" for sure. The bgvox need some work to "blend" with the lead better.
That one guitar is pretty "wet". There's almost a "flutter" effect on the slide up to tempo on
the intro, more like the tape is coming to speed. Did you edit up to it too closely? The fade-in
starts mid note? Anyway, you got your tune (that's 10%) now you got to make your record (90%).

Good luck, keep us apprised.

t

This is a beautiful song, Rex.  All that stood out to me was the BV vox at the end (around the 3:20 mark); it sounded a tiny bit out of tune.  The rest of the song is fine.  I like the phased/chorused guitar.  You're very close, can't wait to hear it again!

Yes the backup vocal are not edited at all, no melodyne applied to them yet so I will be working on that soon. Thanks for the input, will be finishing it and let you know when it has been changed. :) Haha Deering, I just noticed what you meant it is a slide up to the note on the fret. There may have been some sound left in the buffer and it maybe have been there at the beginning of the song.  I made a wav mixdown before this and heard a bit of a effect trail at the beginning.

Edited by RexRed
add more to response

Well, I added most of what I planned to add to this song. My ears are tired, I will do a final mix when they have had a rest. Any suggestions are welcome. 

I uploaded a mix of what I have so far and replaced the song at the top of the thread.. Enjoy! :)

plus 1 on that chorused and phasey guitar. Maybe the lead vocal solo is a little dry, just a bit of delay or rvb? You probably already have a bit on them. Your bgv oooohs seem spot on!

Is your lead vocal panned a bit left? Maybe bring that back to center? I dunno, I've never known for sure but I like the lead vocal downtown, particularly in a sparse mix like this. YMMV.

good stuff bro

cheers,

-Tom

Rex

You said you were working on the BGV and what you did is very effective. Blends in nicely with the voc.
The wahwah was a bit too heavy for me, kind of took something away from the mood of the song.
All in all a beautiful song. Excellent lyrics too.