M-Unity Theme (Updated for 2021.12)

Matthew White

M-Unity has two versions available, the only difference being in the Audio and MIDI Meters, there’s a regular segmented meters version and a non-segmented (solid) meters version, I know you can select to show non-segmented meters in Cakewalk but they just use a color file and have the level text over them and they also have a colored background so I find all that makes it a bit awkward to see easily so I’ve just replaced the meter images for the segmented meters with images of non-segmented meters which I find works best.

Free Download Here.... M-Unity Cakewalk Theme

A combined total of around 150 hours, sometimes much more, goes in to creating each Theme I make, then there's more time spent to update them whenever BandLab makes changes or additions to the Cakewalk GUI to ensure any changed or new items display correctly and match the Theme, I also don't make all these Themes for myself, it's more of a hobby and to share the end results with the Cakewalk Community for their use and enjoyment at no charge, Any Tips/Donations via the following link for my time and efforts in creating and updating these are greatly appreciated, however small. Thank You! ❤️ https://www.paypal.me/MatthewJohnWhite

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Edited by Matthew White
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I've always been happy with Mercury, and don't often bother to check out other themes, but I do like this one - easy on the eyes with good contrast, and preserving the overall blue and gray nature of Mercury. Really nice job.

I've been using it for a bit, and the only thing shortcoming I've noticed so far is that the dark shadow of a partial clip selection is a bt difficult to discern against the darker clip backgrounds. It would be preferable to have a lighter highlight that's maybe just a bit darker than the medium gray of a fully-selected clip. But I could get probably get used to it as-is

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 2:05 PM, Mike Swindlehurst said:

Is there any chance you could replace the green of the meters with the blue that comes with cakewalk.

22 hours ago, David Baay said:

I've been using it for a bit, and the only thing shortcoming I've noticed so far is that the dark shadow of a partial clip selection is a bit difficult to discern against the darker clip backgrounds. It would be preferable to have a lighter highlight that's maybe just a bit darker than the medium gray of a fully-selected clip. But I could get probably get used to it as-is.

Thanks for the suggestions but as these are your own personal preferences it would work better for you to change these items yourself with the Theme Editor, if I had to do that myself it would either mean changing the theme from what I wanted it to be or making 2 new more new versions with just these changes which I would then also have to update if any new GUI items are added in future updates, making these changes for yourself will allow you to experiment with what works best for you, if I do, it the changes may not be what you had in mind or what works best for you. For what you both wish to do is easy, for you @Mike Swindlehurst,  just export your chosen Meters from their theme and import them into mine. For you @David Baay, just change the clip background colors. Instructions for doing those tasks if needed are here.... Cakewalk Theme Editing Basics Guide

This may also be helpful... https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/9500-young-ladys-illustrated-guide-to-theme-ing-cakewalk/

Good Luck! :)

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 8:56 AM, Matthew White said:

For you @David Baay, just change the clip background colors. Instructions for doing those tasks if needed are here.... Cakewalk Theme Editing Basics Guide

Yes, I've done minor themes edits for other things like this. Just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't considered it, as I expect others might also appreciate a little extra contrast  for partial selections.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Now updated for the 'Insert', Delete' and 'Properties' buttons in the 'Meter/Key View'  introduced in build 175, These were updated as the default buttons don't show very clearly with dark Themes, if you don't use this view (or not bothered about them being faint) you need not update.