Emotional Rain

Keith Wilby

I really like this song and style.  It takes me back.  Your performances are spot on, as well.  I did have a little trouble understanding the lyrics because the reverb is quite present (as 80's era songs often are).  That's just a matter of taste, and all in all, this song is quite tasty.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2020 at 6:44 PM, Lynn said:

I did have a little trouble understanding the lyrics 

You and me both. My late friend Rob wrote the bulk of the lyrics (mine are "you want to live your life ..." onwards), I think he was just painting a picture with words.

This song has a lot of great performance in it and emotion as well, so you are good there!

If I get a mix vote, I'd move those cymbal crashes from their extreme panning on the edges to something more towards center. They way they kept splashing hard left / hard right for me detracted from the song, and I was not wearing headphones.

good song hombre!

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

You must have made some of the changes suggested because the mix sounds doggone good to me.  The vocals sounded clear to me and the lyrics were great.  I particularly liked the Fx on the guitars panned hard L &R.

Excellent work!!

• Thanks 1