Play (EWQL) Instruments do not bounce/freeze

4th Eden

I'm having issues when I either bounce my tracks down or try to freeze any Play instrument from East West Quantum Leap. All sounds are truncated. For instance a strings legato ensemble can end up sounding like pizzicato strings or other instruments do not bounce at all . 

This has caught me out a number of times. The only way I can resolve this is to create an Aux track and output the Play track to the Aux then record it. A pain... is this a known issue to anyone ? Its been happening to me for years...

Play has been borked for years, the engine doesn't correctly play release samples when data isn't fully loaded into memory and you fast bounce (or actually even normal bounce).  If you want to use Play the only way is to cache the samples fully in memory (there is an option in the menu) and to never use fast bounce.  And it's not just Cakewalk, every other DAW has these problems to.  Using a very fast SSD can help, but mostly what it does is just make it hard to notice it, but it still happens.  They have been told extensively about it, for years.  I've given up on a fix coming.  Load everything into RAM and slow bounce and you can mostly get by.

15 hours ago, Chappel said:

Have you tried Bouncing the track with Fast Bounce turned off? Or Audible Bounce turned on?

no, not yet...but will give it a go... generally Ive never been in a position where ive had to turn of fast bounce.. I assume this will then bounce the tracks down in real time?

14 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Play has been borked for years, the engine doesn't correctly play release samples when data isn't fully loaded into memory and you fast bounce (or actually even normal bounce).  If you want to use Play the only way is to cache the samples fully in memory (there is an option in the menu) and to never use fast bounce.  And it's not just Cakewalk, every other DAW has these problems to.  Using a very fast SSD can help, but mostly what it does is just make it hard to notice it, but it still happens.  They have been told extensively about it, for years.  I've given up on a fix coming.  Load everything into RAM and slow bounce and you can mostly get by.

well, I thought it would be a PLAY issue...thanks for the tips..

Ive been putting up with this for ages..my work around (aux track) is a bit around the houses but until now this was the best solution of use another VST!