SoundSpot Stay Home 5 for $5

cclarry

25 minutes ago, John Maar said:

I've already acquired all of their good FX plugins. Not interested in any of the others.

These were the 5 that I didn't have.  They will most likely collect virtual dust...
but I will take them for a spin and see what they can add and make notes if it's
anything worthy

4 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Ah they have just arrived by email! Though the receipt still says full cost!

Hopefully they are processing them...
I have my Paypal  receipt, and sent a support ticket...so
hopefully mine will arrive soon!

• Like 1

Well that was a bit disappointing - getting a lot of crackling from Union after going through a few presets - not happened before with that synth though it has happened with Sampletank 3 but restarting CbB has always solved it. I restarted PC and altered buffer rate but no joy. It was even worse in Live 10 Lite! Be interested to know if anyone has same problem. CPU monitor in CbB is not showing anything untoward

I've been slowly acquiring SoundSpot's products over the years as they've been available as PB giveaways and $5 twofers and some are good and some were not and that somewhere along the way they at least got a good UI designer. I think that it's unfortunate that their website is so crappy, and that half of the products don't even have manuals, but look how every page of the documentation for CbB still has instructions on how to enable "offline help" 2 years after the first release of CbB, which has never had offline help.

The critical eye I turn to their products is different to other companies. I think they might develop their products more toward the DJ/dance track/ DAW-as-instrument paradigm than toward the record, mix, master and print paradigm. What makes a plug-in better suited to purpose in each paradigm may be different. So when critiquing SoundSpot's product, maybe I take 30-40 years off my age perspective. 😁

Beware: when you're shopping in this sale, there are two pages that list their products, and the pages have different lists of products.

https://www.soundspot.audio/audio-plugins-2/

Has a shorter list than:

https://www.soundspot.audio/

For instance, Overtone Mastering EQ isn't listed on the first url I posted, and it's probably worth putting on your list of 5.

Hiku and Nebula are unique FX that are both "Buy It Now's" for a buck. I don't think you can get what they do in that form anywhere else.

FireFly is a nice versatile bus compressor, MSW2 is a spatial controller similar to Boz' Mongoose but with a more informative display and sadly, no documentation. Overtone is a stereo mastering para EQ with a big shiny GUI. Orbit is a transient shaper. If you are bored with your current mastering type EQ or transient shaper or want ones to give to someone, get them. Kickbox is a nice all-in-one for kick shaping, the compressor in it can bring some serious boom. Focus is a handy hi pass/lo pass with a graphic in the center.

Do not get Percolate. It is bad.

Similar to Larry, I just ticked off the ones I don't have that interest me, Kinetix, VoxBox, Kara, Glitch and Oracle. I'm sure the algo in Oracle can't touch the one in Phoenix Verb, but it has some interesting SoundSpot-ty things like LFO and compression.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I was looking at Renegade Mini and it says this is   the   'scaled   down   version   of it's big brother',  however, I couldn't find its   big brother   (which supposedly came out in 2018).   9_9

Anyone  see  it on their site? 

I also have the  Creative Mixing Collection  (from Plugin Boutique), but haven't installed it.....are these the 'lite' versions  or  full? Couldn't find any info     on their website   and  didn't want to duplicate  it on the $5 deal.

Edited by Mesh

24 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I was looking at Renegade Mini and it says this is   the   'scaled   down   version   of it's big brother',  however, I couldn't find its   big brother   (which supposedly came out in 2018).   9_9

Anyone  see  it on their site? 

I also have the  Creative Mixing Collection  (from Plugin Boutique), but haven't installed it.....are these the 'lite' versions  or  full? Couldn't find any info     on their website   and  didn't want to duplicate  it on the $5 deal.

Creative Mixing Collection is full versions of the included plugins

I don't think the full Renegade ever got released, but IDK