Problems opening projects with vst’s

Fractal123

Question

I am having problems with opening projects with vst plugins on them.  Let me elaborate, when I open a project. BL tries to load the project gets to various plugins and hangs then I get the not responding prompt and I have to shut down.  I am not your average user I have been using this program since version 5, so I know about the shift for safe mode.  When I use it and click yes on all the plugins, they load no problem. I don’t understand it’s an inconvenience but all my projects load.  I also have sonar X3 on this machine. It does the same thing.   I am using a lot of 32 bit vst’s as well as 64 bit but I don’t know if that’s my problem, or what?  I can open the vst’s and they loaded fine.   I can open them in all my projects, and what not but when I open the project it loads a few plugins and then hangs.  I have upgraded to a hp Z book 14  I7 32 Gb ram... to use the new thunderbolt interface i got for mobile recording.   I just upgraded it to win 10 everything worked great on win 7 no problems.  Now that I got 10 this happens.  I don’t know if I’m missing something or what?  

Thanks 

hope everyone is staying safe 

18e190413af045db88dfbd29609eb877.db.ses mat-debug-10344.log mat-debug-12964.log

Edited by Fractal123

2 answers to this question

Just a thought for you. Your issue may be a timing issue where when your projects load up normally something is not ready, licensing or something else? So you could still try to debug wich VST is causing a problem by removing them one at a time, saving, closing, re-opening. Sounds like a pain but it might tell you which plugin is having a problem.