Celestion Pre Easter Holiday Sale

cclarry

I got a heap of these, but don't think that much of them, for me they have a 'boxy' resonance type thing or something about them, I just never use them.

I much prefer OwnHammer IR's or now  the NEW Redwirez IR's with the new mixIR3, excellent (even the old RedWirez BigBox IR's with mixIR2 and the Neve EQ IR's and the Speaker Impedance IR's can get some awesome tones)

But I might get the Laney Pack at this price just because I'm a huge Laney fan.

7 minutes ago, ensconced said:

I got a heap of these, but don't think that much of them, for me they have a 'boxy' resonance type thing or something about them, I just never use them.

I much prefer OwnHammer IR's or now  the NEW Redwirez IR's with the new mixIR3, excellent (even the old RedWirez BigBox IR's with mixIR2 and the Neve EQ IR's and the Speaker Impedance IR's can get some awesome tones)

But I might get the Laney Pack at this price just because I'm a huge Laney fan.

I have the Laney LFR1 FRFR Cabinet for my Ampero....it's pretty nice!

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

I have the Laney LFR1 FRFR Cabinet for my Ampero....it's pretty nice!

I just got the Celestion Laney pack and they sound very sweet indeed.

No issue with the deal Code, worked as expected. Might push my luck and grab the Suhr and maybe Orange, and maybe Vox , exchange rate for Aus$ is in the toilet so that puts big ticket items in the no go box, so may as well appease the GAS Gods with some smaller ticket items.

(I have kept some aside in anticipation of  EZ Bass regardless of exchange rate ;)  )

[Edit] (Got Vox and Orange, again got that 'boxy' sound, compared against OwnHammer and Redwirez Vox and Orange, OwnHammer and Redwirez win hands down, No more Celestion IR's for me)

Edited by ensconced
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

This might be appealing if every IR loader I've ever tried wasn't trash.

If I may ask what IR loaders are you using/have you used, and what do you find wrong with them.

I mainly use mixIR2, mixIR3 or Recabinet 5, none are perfect and all have a few niggles, but I manage to get past those. 2 Notes WOS I just couldn't get past various things, plus the proprietary nature of their IR's is another thing (wasted money on their IR's now, but you get that :) ), can't remember the others I have tried/used now, there have been a few, but I have been using mixIR2/3 and Recab5 for a long time now, mainly now I use mixIR3 and the new RedWirez IR's since they came out a couple of months ago.

Edited by ensconced

15 hours ago, ensconced said:

Were you trying to purchase an IR Pick and Mix 5 pack?

Seems that is not included in the sale.

Yes, I usually buy Mix packs. Weird, because the poster says the sale excludes Two Notes and Positive Grid. Go figure! :/

16 hours ago, ensconced said:

the new RedWirez IR's since they came out a couple of months ago.

I missed this. I have all the original RedWirez IR and mixIR2. Also have ReCab 5. Use both and never really bothered with any other IR. Except Melda's ne Cab IR plugin.

Anyway, going to check out RedWirez new stuff. Good people over there.

20 hours ago, ensconced said:

If I may ask what IR loaders are you using/have you used, and what do you find wrong with them.

I've tried TwoNotes WoS, Pulse by Lancaster Audio and the native IR loader in BiasFX 2
Mostly I've found them all over engineered. I just want a list of files that I can click on to load the IR (i.e. similar to Windows File Explorer). The ones I've used are either way too many useless bells and whistles (i.e. TwoNotes) or they truncate file names to the point they're useless (i.e. Pulse and BiasFX)

MixIR seems like it might be more up my alley because the list looks nice. $50 to just load IRs seems steep however.

At the end of the day I just want to play guitar and I've found I waste too much time fiddling with the IR loader.

EDIT TO ADD: Another thing that I don't need at all is extra EQs and Reverbs built-in. I already have plenty that are probably better.

Edited by RSMcGuitar
  • Like 1

Yes not having a lot of extras hanging on is good. I like mixIR2/3 how you can use their Neve and API EQ IR's with your cab IR, at first I couldn't grasp it, I could just use a plugin of kind etc, but I find that the EQ IR's can work really well and sound so good and very easy to use. Also with mixIR you can set up your IR's, blend, add, whatever, then export the result of the various IR's you may have used into a single IR which can be use in any other IR loader, and well just folds multiple IR's down to 1 for easier management.

Yeah $50 ($60 for mixIR3) might be a bit steep, but personally for me it was well worth it. I find it easy and quick to use, does what I want hassle free really. mixIR3 is a good step up from 2, not that there was anything wrong with 2, but 3 is nicer and easier again to work with, with the IR Module method (Standard IR's still available as well).

The new Redwirez IR's are very good, for me Redwirez and Ownhammer sound the best by a good margin.

Recabinet 5 is also very good, pretty lean,  although you can't get it anymore unless 2nd hand.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Mostly I've found them all over engineered. I just want a list of files that I can click on to load the IR (i.e. similar to Windows File Explorer).

Have you tried Melda's free plugin MConvolutionEZ ? They also have one with a few more features called Convolution MB that's on sale right now for $27. And then they have their top of the line convolution plugin called MCabinet. It's $107 right now, but if wait for a sale you can get it cheaper.

• Like 1