Best steps for replacing hardware.

Jack Hawk

As I understand it, CbB still does not come with all the bell and whistles that Splat did... various plugins and such.  If Someone wanted to move to a new PC, what would be the best way to get Splat installed on the system prior to installing CbB? I didn't think the old Cakewalk Download Manager left any files behind after install, and that's likely not working anymore. I'm not looking to do anything in the near future, but at some point it may be something I wish to do and would love to retain the original Splat install if possible...

Thank You

The Command Center still works and is the easiest way to install and activate Platinum. If you did not delete the installers (the Command Center does not automatically delete installers)  from the Command Center download area on the old PC, copy them to the new PC and save the download time.

The default path to the installers used by the Command Center is "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads." The path tab on the Settings page of the Command Center shows the actual download path and has a button to open the path in Windows explorer. Click the gear in the upper right of the Command Center UI to open Settings.

If the installers are not on the PC, consider downloading a complete set of installers from your account page when you have the time. That way they will be available when you are read to install on the new machine.

14 hours ago, Jack Hawk said:

As I understand it, CbB still does not come with all the bell and whistles that Splat did... various plugins and such.  If Someone wanted to move to a new PC, what would be the best way to get Splat installed on the system prior to installing CbB? I didn't think the old Cakewalk Download Manager left any files behind after install, and that's likely not working anymore. I'm not looking to do anything in the near future, but at some point it may be something I wish to do and would love to retain the original Splat install if possible...

Thank You

My hope is that they will eventually start adding more content/plugins