UAD Custom Shop 50% off

cclarry

This month we've decided to suspend our normal online store promotional emails, and instead open the UAD Custom Shop to all of our customers.

The UAD Custom Shop lets you save 50% on any and all UAD plug-ins, and cannot be combined with any other coupon or promotion.

We'll still be sending out educational content, as well as launching the LUNA application for free download soon.

We hope you have time to play or enjoy some music, and if you happen to purchase a plug-in or two, rest assured that it'll be a great deal.

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/all-plugins.html

4 hours ago, Zo said:

Still i think the 10 bundle at 999 is the way to go ...

If you can scrounge up that much dough at a time!

I have to say, I like the promos they've been doing in terms of giving some of the fancier plugins free with hardware. I got a Satellite Octo last month and it came with the Lex480, 175/176 compressors, Avalon pre and Helios mkII (subbed for Capitol Chambers which I already had). The new deal on the Apollo Twins doesn't look quite as juicy, but it's still not bad.

3 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

If you can scrounge up that much dough at a time!

I have to say, I like the promos they've been doing in terms of giving some of the fancier plugins free with hardware. I got a Satellite Octo last month and it came with the Lex480, 175/176 compressors, Avalon pre and Helios mkII (subbed for Capitol Chambers which I already had). The new deal on the Apollo Twins doesn't look quite as juicy, but it's still not bad.

personnaly i was thinking uad since it will make me skip upgrading desktop and laptop so at the end it's money saved and the goal was one octo and that 999 bundle witch is basically 2 k witch is not even the price of a new laptop ...

That said i'm good with my native stuff , still some stuff i can use due to cpu , neural dsp being one of those ...really aimed for guitar players that plugin guitar and wanna play , as an fx in sessions it's too heavy ...

Just really getting into my Apollo Twin recently since I finished my new build. I really am surprised at how good these plugins sound. Been playing with the 55 Fender Deluxe. Man that thing is sweet!! With the Unison Technology, my Les Paul plugged into the Apollo... one of the best amp sims I have ever played!!

Agreed Zo about the 10 bundle. But also agree with Craig! Man if the ol lady found out I spent $1k on plugins.... I might not be posting anymore!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Just really getting into my Apollo Twin recently since I finished my new build. I really am surprised at how good these plugins sound. Been playing with the 55 Fender Deluxe. Man that thing is sweet!! With the Unison Technology, my Les Paul plugged into the Apollo... one of the best amp sims I have ever played!!

Agreed Zo about the 10 bundle. But also agree with Craig! Man if the ol lady found out I spent $1k on plugins.... I might not be posting anymore!!

True , but the sad truth is that we easily soend this a year on 29 euros plugins and other updates , upgrades ect ...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Darn you UAD users, I can't get near one of those plugins unless I buy some hardware.  😖

Jesse i have those at school and don't reach for them because they sound better , it's not that , most are on pair with what we can have native and i 'll get some native other them quite several time ....the key is the respect of audio source , UAD plugins are all pretty heavily oversampled internally , so you'll get a constant quality and dsp off your omputer cpu (noticed that i does take some native cpu as well) .

So for me UAD is a waranty of 

1) Processing no matter how crappy is your computer power

2) Quality of processing .

The plugins that impressed me were the ocean way (witch ik sunset answered the need of getting it) and the UA 176 /175

• Like 1

What sold me for UA (because like you @jesse g I stayed away too!) was the Unison Technology. I knew what it was suppose to be, but until I got it and started using it, I really didn't understand the length that they went to to get it right.

Example, I can plug my guitar into the Apollo and it knows it's a high impedance instrument, and then it automatically sets the input impedance to match the amp sim that I am using! And I get the same gain staging in the amp sim that the real amp has. And that works! It really feels and reacts like a amp. 

Now take this same interface, plug a mic into it, load a console strip plugin, and presto... now the impedance has changed to match that console sim! Along with it's own unique gain staging. I haven't tried the console strips as much as that Fender amp, but if it works the same (as I expect it will) I'm gonna love this thing!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Grem said:

What sold me for UA (because like you @jesse g I stayed away too!) was the Unison Technology. I knew what it was suppose to be, but until I got it and started using it, I really didn't understand the length that they went to to get it right.

Example, I can plug my guitar into the Apollo and it knows it's a high impedance instrument, and then it automatically sets the input impedance to match the amp sim that I am using! And I get the same gain staging in the amp sim that the real amp has. And that works! It really feels and reacts like a amp. 

Now take this same interface, plug a mic into it, load a console strip plugin, and presto... now the impedance has changed to match that console sim! Along with it's own unique gain staging. I haven't tried the console strips as much as that Fender amp, but if it works the same (as I expect it will) I'm gonna love this thing!!

That makes the Unison Tech sound even more appealing; it often seems like a real fight to get gain staging right for amp sims. Interesting to hear you say such positive things about the '55 Deluxe. From what I've read, people seem pretty divided about it.

Hopefully an Apollo is in my future, but that's going to be a loooong way down the track!

@Zo Until last month, I was trying to run UAD plugs from an old UAD2 solo card and only upgraded because running Ocean Way or Capitol meant I couldn't really run anything else. But you're right, Sunset scratches a similar itch  (albeit less flexibly than OWS). And its plates are so good, I think I'll probably be reaching for them ahead of the UAD EMT140. I really like the electrosonic one.

4 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

That makes the Unison Tech sound even more appealing; it often seems like a real fight to get gain staging right for amp sims. Interesting to hear you say such positive things about the '55 Deluxe. From what I've read, people seem pretty divided about it.

Hopefully an Apollo is in my future, but that's going to be a loooong way down the track!

@Zo Until last month, I was trying to run UAD plugs from an old UAD2 solo card and only upgraded because running Ocean Way or Capitol meant I couldn't really run anything else. But you're right, Sunset scratches a similar itch  (albeit less flexibly than OWS). And its plates are so good, I think I'll probably be reaching for them ahead of the UAD EMT140. I really like the electrosonic one.

yep Craig , for real sunset is for me the best release this past months , unlike a lot of fx , its impacts is direct and inspiring , already used it on the last 2 tracks i'm working on : pure pleasure ....

9 hours ago, jesse g said:

Which Apollo Devices are you guys using?

I picked up a used Apollo Twin USB with a really good amount of plugins with it for a really decent price. It was like brand new! Still had the plastic protective covers all over it. : )

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

Interesting to hear you say such positive things about the '55 Deluxe.

I can tell you, that I would have never bought that plugin myself. It came with the used Apollo I got. But after playing it, that's one little bad ***** amp sim! Lots of tone out of that one amp.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Grem said:

I can tell you, that I would have never bought that plugin myself. It came with the used Apollo I got. But after playing it, that's one little bad ***** amp sim! Lots of tone out of that one amp.

Nice Grem,

So you don't mind having a desktop interface?    I've always had rack gear, Well except for my first Behringer mixer.  I like the organization I get with it as well as the layout.  I use a Roland Octa-Capture that has really treated me great.

I do have several Behringer comps and my old ART SX mounted in those rack legs if you know what I mean. But right now I don't have them hooked up. I may not hook them back up. Depends on how I figure out the way my work flow will go with the new Apollo.

Speaking of organization...  I swore I would not let my studio degenerate into the state that I find it in today. I got to get it back in order! 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1