Can someone explain why I suddenly can't save projects?  I can't save in Demo Mode. Not sure how I got to demo mode. Possibly I need to upgrade to the latest Bandlab assistant?  

Where am I able to download Bandlab assistant. I can only find an option to download the whole cakewalk program. Do I have to do that in order to get the latest Bandlab assistant upgrade?

For the sake of folks who may at some point in the future find themselves in a similar pickle, perhaps you could share how you resolved the issue?

11 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

For the sake of folks who may at some point in the future find themselves in a similar pickle, perhaps you could share how you resolved the issue?

Hey Kevin- the quick answer is to reinstall the latest version of BandLab Assistant, update Cakewalk by BandLab, then open the program. There was an auth check built into the program, so normally you'd just need to login to BandLab Assistant then open Cakewalk by BandLab so the two can renew the handshake. It's good practice to make sure you're using the latest versions if something like this does occur, so installing BandLab Assistant from here is a good first step!

• Like 2

I have a friend who cannot get Cakewalk to work. With the track armed for recording, etc., the transport doesn't move when he hits the Record Button. It will not record no matter what he tries. Can you record audio in Demo Mode?

@david40 is your friend currently in demo mode already? Normally, demo mode prevents you from being allowed to save. Recording anything in demo mode is basically moot if it can't be saved! As always, the user can also get in touch with support@cakewalk.com, with some additional details such as version of Windows, any connected audio devices, recent changes to settings, etc.