Demo Mode

dotonemanband

11 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

For the sake of folks who may at some point in the future find themselves in a similar pickle, perhaps you could share how you resolved the issue?

Hey Kevin- the quick answer is to reinstall the latest version of BandLab Assistant, update Cakewalk by BandLab, then open the program. There was an auth check built into the program, so normally you'd just need to login to BandLab Assistant then open Cakewalk by BandLab so the two can renew the handshake. It's good practice to make sure you're using the latest versions if something like this does occur, so installing BandLab Assistant from here is a good first step!

• Like 2
  • Meh 1

• 4 months later...

I have a friend who cannot get Cakewalk to work. With the track armed for recording, etc., the transport doesn't move when he hits the Record Button. It will not record no matter what he tries. Can you record audio in Demo Mode?

@david40 is your friend currently in demo mode already? Normally, demo mode prevents you from being allowed to save. Recording anything in demo mode is basically moot if it can't be saved! As always, the user can also get in touch with support@cakewalk.com, with some additional details such as version of Windows, any connected audio devices, recent changes to settings, etc. 

• 6 months later...

The ''Run as admin'' is nothing but a scam as well as the log out / re-login..... it's definetly something wrong happening to the installation tool . 

I ' m waiting some ''official'' answer from their support team . They don't seems to realise that many of us use this software FOR WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  not a hobby or stuff like that.  

I will have to consider to move away if they continue their ''random'' decision like if this software is a toy .  

Edited by AlexLeKid

I'm a long time user of SONAR and now Cakewalk by BandLab since the change over.

Over the last 18 months or so of CbB I have seen many frustrated users post of their problem with that damned BandLab Assistant and counted myself lucky for not ever having encounted any problems with installation or operation.

Yesterday that all changed!

I needed to do a fresh install of Windows 10. All was well until the installation of Cakewalk. Cakewalk loads well enough but now insists on validation via BandLab Assistant.  After numerous attempts of trying, I don't know what else I can do. The problem is, after loading BandLab Assistant and attempting to active, nothing happens. No notification or progress bar appears. Just sits doing nothing, then when closed it can't be restarted again without a reboot!

After a complex program like CbB you'd think the programmers could get a simple installer to work properly.

• Like 1

For what it's worth. 

I completely uninstalled both CbB and BandLab Assistant, rebooted and downloaded the whole works again and patiently repeated the whole process of installation again and this time........Voila! It works. Go figure.😖

I hope this is the last time I need to do this. For a while, at least😬

16 minutes ago, Nicolas Guzzo said:

finally it activates, lost a day's work , no need to reinstall though, must've been their server was down or something, great engineering, at least should display a message or something!

Holly Cow .....   me too !  
Lost my day too ....  they definetly got something wrong since we're all de-bugged at few minutes appart .  

I missed the time when this whole Cakewalk was stable and reliable.  

I'm out .   
Good night.  

• 3 months later...

After my buddy finally got Cakewalk activated, everything seems to be going OK but then he needed to move the audio in a track over a couple of measures for a count-in and discovered he can't move it. I thought he was just messing up so I did a TeamViewer remote support session and got to try it myself.  Sure enough, after selecting the audio in the track, when hovering the mouse pointer over the track header it doesn't turn into that four arrow pointer that indicates you may now drag the waveform. That's one hell of a serious glitch. Seems like Windows 10 has brought a whole host of strange issues. Glad I stuck with Windows 7.