Cinesamples 75% off Composers Toolset

Amicus717

11 minutes ago, cclarry said:

If someone does Orchestral Composing or Movie Scoring, and can justify
this purchase, that 75% off is quite the deal.

Yeah it is. Those Core packages have all the fundamental articulations, including legatos -- both for sections and solo instruments -- and the various other bits and pieces make a really complete set of tools. 

Just came to say hi guys, and to ask you since I am here: Are you guys really spending all this money on stuff? Plugins and what not? In these times of the virus? Just wondering, not judging :P

Sonore, perc, sound amazing.

2 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Just came to say hi guys, and to ask you since I am here: Are you guys really spending all this money on stuff? Plugins and what not? In these times of the virus? Just wondering, not judging :P

I'm sure those who have it to spare are...

Many do Movie Scoring, which can continue to work in the down time,
or others in the music business that work from Home Studios...I would
assume that, unless they are told otherwise, they would still be working
on projects.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

I'm sure those who have it to spare are...

Many do Movie Scoring, which can continue to work in the down time,
or others in the music business that work from Home Studios...I would
assume that, unless they are told otherwise, they would still be working
on projects.

Um, so you really feel the world is gonna resume in a year or so? In Valuetainment the big guys said this could take from 12 to 18 months.
Although also mentioned that when resuming to normal life, it would take no time to get on track (it wouldn't be a recession per se or anything).
Still, I don't know what to believe. Sometimes I feel we have no future, lol, and everyone at home just thinking it will be ok, idk.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Carlos said:

Not me since my Paypal credit bill is $100 a month.  EWHO Gold was my last library and I spend most of my time in electronic genres. Their stuff gets a lot of positive remarks.  I should have a contest with Larry on who spends the least.  

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 4/2/2020 at 11:31 PM, Carlos said:

I'm sure there's people spending lots of money, they're usually professional composers working on big budget projects.
But, at least in my case as a hobbyist, I worked my way up from Komplete 11 Select to Komplete 12 CE over almost 3 years, taking advantage of all the possible discounts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cristian said:

I'm sure there's people spending lots of money, they're usually professional composers working on big budget projects.
But, at least in my case as a hobbyist, I worked my way up from Komplete 11 Select to Komplete 12 CE over almost 3 years, taking advantage of all the possible discounts.

Yes, but in these times there are still big budget projects? So nobody feels the world's ending or anything like that? 

7 hours ago, Carlos said:

Yes, but in these times there are still big budget projects? So nobody feels the world's ending or anything like that? 

Yeah, people are still working on big projects at home.

A lot of the work going into big budget movies and games does not require actors on the set.

People still hope that by May-June we can start opening up a few things here and there.

If we hit Italy's numbers globally then, yeah that would absolutely be catastrophic.

But for now we simply need to ramp up testing and keep social distancing rules in place.

Maybe basing our economies on people working with less than 3 feet of space between them wasn't such a great idea after all.

Edited by Cristian
  • Like 1

Can anyone tell me if it would be an advantage to buy the original Tina Quo cello if I already have Tina Quo 2?  Thanks!

Check the legato in TG1 It has more character and emotions. Perfect for the slow bpm projects

Edited by DrShelder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched some YT videos about CinePerc that there are tons of problems like noises and no sounds on some keys, etc.  Wondering are those fixed?  Also, the MGM Scoring Stage sounded a bit heavy.  Would it be difficult to mix these instruments with other brands?

Edited by arznable

I finally gave in and picked this package up -- I've been eyeing the Cinesamples stuff for a while and couldn't resist the price for all these.

I only got them installed last night, so this is a really preliminary overview, but for the most part the libraries sound quite good.

I've come across some things I like: CineBrass Sonore is outstanding from top to bottom, CineHarps is very, very nice and perfectly fills a gap in my template.

And I've come across some things I don't like: I'm not sure about the legato for the Ensemble Trumpets in CineBrass Core -- it's kind of laggy and the transitions are a bit punchy, although I'm still fiddling with the settings and getting a feel for the libraries overall. The adaptive legato in these libraries has a number of settings and adjustments that can be made, so I would re-emphasize that all this is very preliminary. The CineWinds are nice -- in particular, I love the solo bassoon sound, and there are two quite different (and nice sounding) oboes to play with.  I literally got the CineStrings installed at 1:00am last night and auditioned them for 5 minutes before going to bed, but they do sound great - although I did notice a lot of hissy ambiance on the legato violins patch. Dropping the volume helped a lot, but I have a long way to go before I get a real sense of the library and whether it will work for me. 

Based on what I've experienced so far, though, at the above price this deal is a real win. I haven't yet tried to mix these with my other template mainstays -- that will be tonight's experiment -- but I think it should work pretty well. There are lots of mic options in these libraries, and they come with a decent set of mix presets for various occasions and needs. Example: CineHarps has mic mixes called: "Tim's Mix", "Dry and Close", "Orch Left", "Orch Right", etc and they all sound good, and quite different, and I'll be likely adding CineHarps to my template using the "Orch Left" mix (which is where I usually like to position the harp in the orchestral landscape). 

Arznable: in regards to the CinePerc, I haven't come across any problem samples yet, although it's a mammoth library with a ton of instruments (over 90 gigs of samples) so I've had no time to really find out. I do like what I hear so far, however. I've already decided to add some of it's patches to my template. 

One thing I did notice about all these -- they are heavier on memory usage than some of my other libraries. So they'll test my hardware a bit more, I predict. I have an Ensemble Pro network going, so I may farm these out to one of my satellite machines and see how it handles them. 

As I said above, this is only a first impression based on two hours of noodling around with the fresh installs, so take it all with a grain of salt. And with libraries like this, what works for me may not work for you anyway. But so far, I like what my $800 cdn got me. 

1 hour ago, arznable said:

I watched some YT videos about CinePerc that there are tons of problems like noises and no sounds on some keys, etc.  Wondering are those fixed?  Also, the MGM Scoring Stage sounded a bit heavy.  Would it be difficult to mix these instruments with other brands?

I've had CinePerc for a while now and haven't found any issues, though it's a big library and I don't think I've explored absolutely all of it.

If you want to hear what the MGM Scoring Stage sounds like with other instruments, the brass in this is from CineBrass.

3 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

I haven't yet tried to mix these with my other template mainstays -- that will be tonight's experiment --

Really helpful preliminary overview, thanks.  I do notice people complained the CineBrass legato quite a bit.  Anyway, await your results for tonight's experiment...

Edited by arznable
  • Like 1