anybody using Krotos Reformer Pro with Sonar successfully?

I just got it and Reformer Pro is not working.  Reformer Pro loads (I got past the iLok stuff) but it hangs on "Loading Library" if I choose any library.

Reformer Pro properties are as a plug-in and not a synth.  Is is a VST FX as it is inserted as and effect on an audio channel.

I bought CueBase when Sonar was in limbo but my expertise (over 20 years) is with Sonar and it is my preferred DAW.  Reformer Pro works as advertised with Cubase but it is a PITA two switch between the two (they don't co-exists gracefully).

Looking for that magic setting which will get it working.

I've communicated with Krotos support and they don't support Sonar at this time.

Thanks

David Thiel

pinball audio artist

Can't help you with this plug-in other than to mention, from the description on their website, it appears the plug-in should show up as an FX plug-in. After adding the plug-in to an audio FX rack "Enable MIDI Input" should be set in the VST2/3 drop down in the standard header above the plug-in. This procedure was added starting with SONAR X3 eliminating the need to configure FX plug-ins as synths.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

could it be permission related? tried running sonar as admin?

a good thought and I tried it but with the same endless "Loading Library" result.

I've successfully used fxpansion's Spitter and Vengeance's Glitch Bitch and was looking forward to the possibilities of Reformer Pro.

I'm still going back and forth with a Krotos support person but not getting much in the way of Sonar specific help.

so far no joy, Krotos support has thrown their hands up indicating that currently they don't support Sonar.  So a word of warning for those with an interest in Reformer Pro.  I was hoping that somebody had gotten it to work and new the check box to tick to get it to work.  Has anybody gotten any Krotos products to work from Sonar?

• 4 months later...

Hi there CbB users,
I tried to install Krotos Simple Concept today which I received through the Focusrite Plugin Collective. Although initial installation went fine also listing Simple Concept during a plugin scan, a problem cropped up when inserting Simple Concept as a Soft Synth: as soon as the activation window opens up Simple Concept seems to hang in a loading circle preventing the activation field accepting any keyboard input. I also tried activating it as admin, however, it didn't work this way either. What a pity.  😣
Has anyone managed to install Simple Concept in CbB successfully yet?

Edited by Pitchbuddy