Zinio 200 Mags FREE

cclarry

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE

If you go for any number of these mags, especially if you go for  quiet a few. MAKE SURE AFTERWARDS you look at your subscriptions in settings and opposite each of the new mags you added, select MANAGE and turn off AUTORENEW. If you dont do that you:

1. will be charged beyond the free editions until you cancel the sub

2. will NOT be able to delete your PAYMENT METHOD

So YOU HAVE to add a payment method before you can "purchase" these free subs. BUT once you turn off autorenew on those recent subs via method above, you can delete the payment method again safely knowing you will not be charged in the future.

Quiet an unfair stunt pulled by ZINIO I think

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

BTW if possible use their reader because it sucks on the web.

Which is why I've never read my purchases. I mostly get them for the plugins anyway...  🙂

40 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Quiet an unfair stunt pulled by ZINIO I think

That seems very deceptive. I think I haven't run into that particular issue since I've only bought one at a time. (?)

Pretty much any subscription company does this whether it's cable companies giving people their first month free to try out or magazines. It's so you can continue your subscriptions without interruption (and because they hope you will forget). This is nothing new and they've been doing it this way for 30-some years. When they have freebies, I sub to them and then turn the subscription off right after I'm done. I get my 3 as they come out still so no worries.

• Like 2

Fair enuf lads.

I did exactly that anyway. Added payment method, got the free subs, turned off autorenew and removed payment method again. At best I had forgotten this. BUT my warning above still stands for say ZINIO Newbs etc

With the music mags ( Computer Music Mag ) we again get access to the DVD vaults and more free goodies :D

• Like 1

On another note: if you, like me, add these three free ones to your running sub (with auto-renew disabled), you’ll have to wait until that sub ends and the free sub kicks in before you can, again, disable auto-renew. 

24 minutes ago, iScream said:

Never had problems with claiming free stuff, but this one makes me feel stoopid. When I choose any magazine from this list, zinio suggests me to buy the issue or to subscribe   🙉

You click "Subscribe" which will give you the 3 issues for $0 option...but it can only be used one time...
and it might be over IDK...

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2