Harbour walk at 3am

TracingArcs

I have used the new Kontakt instruments at Pianobook from Joshua Meltzer called Joshua's Hybrids to rework a  track from my latest Bemused release. One of his instruments is called Ode to Lanois. So that started me off. As I admire Daniel Lanois's work with Eno and Michael Brook.

The album itself is available for free on Bandcamp. And at Jamendo.

• Like 1

There's some "noise", almost like a "vinyl" effect, but not quite. Rain?
Very nice soundstage.
A trifle on the long side for me, but I'm a "3 minute" kind of old rocker;
at the 4 minute mark you gotta be bringing me something.

but I do truly love Low Spark of High Heeled Boys, so there is that...

👌

t

this was done in Cakewalk?

• Like 1

Hi DeeringAmps

Thanks for listening. It is in fact vinyl noise. I was trying to get an atmosphere of being outside in the early hours. But my field recordings were dreadful and too noisy. And I found by accident that the vinyl seemed to invoke the right feel. All done in Cakewalk. Been a user since Sonar 2, stuck with 8.5 till Bandlab stepped in.

• Like 1

I really liked everything about this (fantastic, quiet mood - I was walking the harbor at 3am - super sounds chosen for the feel of that!) but tbh the vinyl crackles for me kind of wreck it. It sounds like sand in the gears, or an unwanted geiger counter. But to each their own. I think if present less often, it might still result in the effect you require.

But my vote counts not! It's still a wonderful piece of music.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

This is a very pleasant ambient composition - I enjoyed it.  I liked the vinyl cracks and pops - it gives it a retro vibe. Have you ever listened to Alpha? This made me think a bit of them.

This made me feel like I was walking along a harbour at 3AM, so good job there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

This is a very pleasant ambient composition - I enjoyed it.  I liked the vinyl cracks and pops - it gives it a retro vibe. Have you ever listened to Alpha? This made me think a bit of them.

This made me feel like I was walking along a harbour at 3AM, so good job there.

Success :) Thanks Douglas. Not heard of Alpha. Will check it out. TracingArcs