Visual Clip Gain

JL

This was probably been mentioned in the old forums, but it will be really cool to have Visual Clip Gain, where the waveforms of the clip increases/decreases based on the amount of gain applied to the clips. This will really help with editing stuff like ghost notes for drums and stuff.

• Like 9
  • Great Idea 1

• 1 month later...

Another vote to add Visual Clip Gain as described in the above posts (i.e. visual gain applies to the entire clip).

In addition,  it would be nice to enhance the existing 'Apply Effect > Gain' with some real-time visual feedback.  The "Process > Gain" is useful since it doesn't require splitting the audio into clips.  For example:  when leveling wayward vocal dynamics, splitting into many small clips can become cumbersome.   

Perhaps there's a way to combine both 'visual clip gain' and  gain on a selected area of the audio.  Although, this could be confusing and it's probably better to keep the two features separate.

Edited by Tom B
Clarify: Suggesting two separate enhancements.
  • Great Idea 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/28/2018 at 1:03 PM, Mariano Germán Flores said:

giphy.gif
We are all talking about the same feature::.

Its not the same thing. That's clip fades which already visually affect audio in CbB. Drag the fade handles on the left or right edge of the clip and it will affect the waveform. I think the request is for visual clip gain envelopes which is different from the picture.

27 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Its not the same thing. That's clip fades which already visually affect audio in CbB. Drag the fade handles on the left or right edge of the clip and it will affect the waveform. I think the request is for visual clip gain envelopes which is different from the picture.

Dear Noel, in the animation the clip gain is moved too (after the fades). That's the feature I've tried to show. But anyway, I'm glad you are in this thread paying attention the clip gain request. Thanks!👍

• Like 1