EZ Bass NOW Available!

cclarry

I think the two included basses sound OK (not amazing).

It's pretty much the same as EZ Drummer.  😉

EZ Bass allows you to quickly put together a decent sounding (fairly authentic) bass track.

I'm no bass player, but I enjoy tracking a real bass.

Just have to keep the parts within my... uhh... "ability".   LOL

Even so, I think EZ Bass is good for sketching out part/song ideas.

Next we'll see Superior Bass 1.0    😁

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Grem said:

Yes. It has Tap To Find.

I saw in the video it's drag an drop songs part to create a pattern ....didn't saw a real tap to find like trigger by a midi controller or some ...did i missed it ? 

14 minutes ago, Zo said:

Thks !! will have a look , anybod bougth this yet ...no demo availlable?

Yeah, I think most in this thread has got it. I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but it's an excellent product no doubt, looks good, got enough features to get you in trouble and then some :) some really nice features to have. As far as sound goes, IMO MODO Bass has it beat for sound, but that's about where MODO's lead ends. To me it's a bit like BFD3 and SD3, SD3 has the flash, but BFD3 has the sound (again, IMO).

Anyway I'll have time to look into it more on the weekend, I can't stop playing guitar with my new amps 😁

• Like 1

Yeah Zo I got it and was playing with it most of the day. Great features.  Lots of things to tweak to get what you want. But once I learn it, I can see this being easier than it is for me now.

• Like 1

I've been putting phantom "meetings" in my calendar all day so I can poke around in the UI and the presets.  I agree that MODO beats it on sound but if you take the DI preset and feed it through a decent sim, it definitely breathes life into the sound.  To my ears, the biggest advantage MODO has is it's use of synthesis to create a ton of variation of transients and pick attack. I like to track with a live bass but for sketching, this is a GREAT tool.  Just having editable MIDI of your own bass track for an entire song that you can then create sectioned MIDI clips for is super cool.  I've already created a ton of MIDI files.  I also like having a starting point for a bass line either using their stock MIDI files or through importing guitar DIs to at least get chordal changes represented in MIDI.  Nailing your bass track before importing it definitely helps cut down on editing once its rendered on the MIDI grid editor. 

So much more to explore but definitely one of the better purchases this year.  Well worth the money, especially if you can get it for $135 at Best Service.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 4:32 PM, Jim Roseberry said:

EZ Bass allows you to quickly put together a decent sounding (fairly authentic) bass track.

Even so, I think EZ Bass is good for sketching out part/song ideas.

@Zo Agree with Jim on both points. This^^^ is what I am learning as I go through all the features.

I did like I said I would do and I keep using the same guitar part to create a bass line with. I have two versions saved so far. Each version gets a little more like what I am after. But I think I am at the point where I will need to start digging into the manual. Things I need, like a start off-set, I can't find. I also am wondering what the extra trks you can add to it are all about. I haven't figured that one out yet.

I love that it will start and stop along with Cakewalk, sometimes. The stopping seems to be off for some reason. I hit space and it will start right with CbB.  But when I click space bar again to stop, CbB keeps playing. It will Go To Previous/Next measure/marker really well. It's just that stopping thing.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Grem said:

I love that it will start and stop along with Cakewalk, sometimes. The stopping seems to be off for some reason. I hit space and it will start right with CbB.  But when I click space bar again to stop, CbB keeps playing. It will Go To Previous/Next measure/marker really well. It's just that stopping thing.

If you take the focus OFF of CbB, and leave the focus on EZBass, then CbB won't stop, but EZB will.  The focus has to be kept on CbB for the spacebar to STOP
the transport. Just a thought.

• Like 1

They talk a lot in the videos about bringing in audio and generating bass parts, but you can also drag in bass midi to the timeline.  Here are two bass track freebies I got from Groove Monkee. 

1794868205_GrooveMonkee.thumb.jpg.6991454fca5fe9d9536451af6a6f9eff.jpg

It even puts the chords in.  And then you can edit the MIDI and add all the articulations.

Because of EZBass, I wasn't planning on getting the upgrades to the ujam  basses, but now I am.  That is a LOT of bass MIDI content that can easily be dragged into EZBass and improved.  Thousands of phrases in the three of them.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

9 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Because of EZBass, I wasn't planning on getting the upgrades to the ujam  basses, but now I am.  That is a LOT of bass MIDI content that can easily be dragged into EZBass and improved.  Thousands of phrases in the three of them.

That made me think.  One should be able to use the Amplesound Riffer patterns to. Of course incompatible keyswitches & articulations will need to be worked around. Its something I will try when I have learnt EZBass basics.

On the other side of the coin I prefer the sound of the Amplesound and Orange Tree basses. I am wondering if drum maps may help get things closer by re-mapping keyswitches. One thing is certain using the output of EZBass elsewhere won't be seamless.

Edited by Vernon Barnes
  • Great Idea 1

MODO Bass lets you remap its keyswitches.  I had some luck with swapping a few to match EzBass.  But the two instruments have slightly different bass playing models that don't seem to map as exactly as I had hoped.  But I think it may be something worth looking into, so you could use any EzBass MIDI output with MODO Bass directly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

Looking at the OTS Evolution basses instead of the default velocity switching of articulations its possible to use key switches and they can be mapped to anywhere on the keyboard. I suspect it will be possible to map common articulations between OTS and EZBass reasonably easily. It looks like the two use similar methods for hammer ons. Some deep experimentation is necessary but I am quite optimistic that something can be set up that does not require extensive MIDI editing.

I cannot see any way to re-map Amplesound key-switches in the interface.

As a lover of odd time signatures I noticed that EZBass is currently lacking grooves in 5/4, 7/8 and 11/8. Hopefully these will be added in future expansion packs. I did try dragging some 5/4 drum midi in and EZBass produced some sensible suggestions.

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Not until they bring out the "played by Bapu" version *

* Which he'd still buy, obviously........

Ya, it's really hard playing that Am bazz notes through the whole song. I can use all the help I can get.

Edited by Bapu