Tascam US2400 issue

vortex

Question

Hi guys,

I have the tascam US2400 and it is set up fine in Sonar Professional and was fine in Cakewalk Bandlab until i updated recently. There is a new mackie control dialogue and have checked disable handshake which allows use of the first 16 channels but the rest will not work. I have tried installing the MMcL mackie diealogue but that is not working either. Is there anyway I can use the older mackie control dialogue that was working fine before the update?

Thanks

Rob

9 answers to this question

The main difference between the previous version of the MackieControl.dll and the latest one is the auto config, which is based on the order in which the control surfaces are added.

So all you should need to do is add the control surfaces in the following order:
Mackie Control   - US2400 port 1
Mackie Control XT - US2400 port 2
Mackie Control XT - US2400 port 3

However pressing the reconfigure button will override the auto config - and any preset you've previously saved will also override this in any case.

There's thread here that describes a similar issue you're having:

On 4/1/2020 at 6:19 PM, msmcleod said:

The main difference between the previous version of the MackieControl.dll and the latest one is the auto config, which is based on the order in which the control surfaces are added.

So all you should need to do is add the control surfaces in the following order:
Mackie Control   - US2400 port 1
Mackie Control XT - US2400 port 2
Mackie Control XT - US2400 port 3

However pressing the reconfigure button will override the auto config - and any preset you've previously saved will also override this in any case.

There's thread here that describes a similar issue you're having:

Hello, do you know how to control buses with the tascam us 2400? I can't find how to do it. All the best!