Audiority Xenoverb

cclarry

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Looks like a decent plugin.

Yes it's pretty good Grem but I have too many Reverbs so it doesn't get much use :) 

It has some unusual options like Shimmer, Glass, Flow, Bode and Formant which takes it beyond most reverb capabilities for some special fx sounds.

I got it for about the same price (£8.95) from PluginBoutique in December 2018.

Edited by ZincT
Corrected where and when I bought Xenoverb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Having quickly demo'd Excalibur for the same price I'd say get Excalibur!

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/13163-exponential-audio-excalibur/

SInce you own Xenoverb - what is the authorization scheme like (can you install it on 2-3 machines that you personally own?)

Excalibur isn't really a reverb plugin though, is it?    Similarity is the price.  

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Since you own Xenoverb - what is the authorization scheme like (can you install it on 2-3 machines that you personally own?)

Excalibur isn't really a reverb plugin though, is it?    Similarity is the price.  

The only thing I can find on licensing is the EULA in User Manual.  This states "This is a non-exclusive, single-user License."

UPDATE: Since I don't think this is crystal clear on the subject I emailed the developer and he responded quickly...

As long as you are the owner and user of these machines, you can install our plugins on any of them.

It uses an authorization file held within the Xenoverb installation folder.

Excalibur does have reverb in it although I really meant that I preferred the modulation/effects capabilities in Excalibur.  Whereas Xenoverb is a reverb first and foremost with some interesting mod/effects (Flow, Shimmer etc).

Excalibur is amazing value for money at this price but Xenoverb less so and I could live without. There are demo versions of both available if you want to decide which one meets your needs. After all, one man's meat is another man's poison :) 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZincT said:

The only thing I can find on licensing is the EULA in User Manual.  This states "This is a non-exclusive, single-user License."
It uses an authorization file held within the Xenoverb installation folder.

Excalibur does have reverb in it although I really meant that I preferred the modulation/effects capabilities in Excalibur.  Whereas Xenoverb is a reverb first and foremost with some interesting mod/effects (Flow, Shimmer etc).

Excalibur is amazing value for money at this price but Xenoverb less so and I could live without. There are demo versions of both available if you want to decide which one meets your needs. After all, one man's meat is another man's poison :) 

Thanks, I just found it in the on-line manual with some digging.  It allows up to 3 computer installs (Xenoverb)

I'm also considering Excalibur on top of it.  Got Phonenix verb which is truly excellent sounding, however the 1 single install has me  annoyed given I run multiple machines (one at a time).  Excalibur I'm guessing is the exact same.