Free MusicTech issue

GroverKen

42 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

The code you require to download the 3.4GB of DVD content is on PAGE 6 of that free mag ( end of page on right in Yellow bar ).

Link to access this is at:

https://musictech.wetransfer.com/downloads/a85cd623a546c3dad7e06a29677178c720191003173943/79b562

Use the code in your FREE Mag above, then d/load

Thanks Aidan.

I did find the code eventually but it didn't work which I assume is because I also need to create a MusicTech Wetransfer account as well as a MusicTech account (already done the latter).

I use Wetransfer quite a lot but have never needed to create an account. If I do create a general one do you know if that will also work as a MusicTech Wetransfer account or do I need a separate one for MusicTech as well?

Cheers!

1 minute ago, ZincT said:

Thanks Aidan.

I did find the code eventually but it didn't work which I assume is because I also need to create a MusicTech Wetransfer account as well as a MusicTech account (already done the latter).

I use Wetransfer quite a lot but have never needed to create an account. If I do create a general one do you know if that will also work as a MusicTech Wetransfer account or do I need a separate one for MusicTech as well?

Cheers!

@ZincT No I dont think you have to. I had same issue .. BUT solved by typing the password / code as is WITH CAPS and lower case .. then it worked!!

I dont have an a/c with wetransfer or musictech

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@ZincT No I dont think you have to. I had same issue .. BUT solved by typing the password / code as is WITH CAPS and lower case .. then it worked!!

I dont have an a/c with wetransfer or musictech

That was it! Doh! Thought I had entered it as shown but obviously not! 🤦‍♂️ Cheers :) 

I like this mag and it was a good price so I subscribed but can't seem to get the freeware free issue. I only see the current issue. I registered with the file transfer service but it doesn't recognize my password. I only dealt with pocketmags and didn't go directly to Musictech to register. Maybe this was the issue. The free issue links take me to apps for android and apple. I don't want the free issue on my portable device. Makes no sense because I'm not potentially going to use the freeware on a portable device.

In any case, it isn't big deal for me either way. Would be nice to see what they had in that issue though :)

34 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

It appears that you can't access the older free issue (168) download - it only goes back to issue 180 on the webpage - unless I've missed something. Not a big issue as nothing there I'm that bothered about but it would have been nice to check it out

https://www.musictech.net/news/magazine/musictech-dvd-download-area/

Yes scroll down that page and you will see the FREEWARE EDITION big image, click that ( issue 200 ) .. this opens the vault site where you can use the DVD CODE you get with the free digital mag ( Page 6 ). Remember to use caps and lower case if your code has same. It is case sensitive

Edited by aidan o driscoll

3 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

I think you can only get the free version on portable devices as I tried first on my PC. Does seem a bit odd though!

After I created an account on my phone to obtain the free edition I was able to login to the account from my PC here --> https://pocketmags.com/musictech-magazine and read the magazine on my PC screen under "My Magazines". 

I was also able to add the free issue 168 (thanks for the heads-up) from my PC and read it there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

To subscribe to the print edition for a year in the United States is $66.  Just fyi. A bit steep?

It's not on the same planet when it comes to DVD content compared to CM.   I had a sub one time and in every way it is not as good as CM.  The owner of MT is the same dude who owns Bandlab.   Too bad they never put Bandlab on their content DVD.

I don't think it's worth running around in circles for this.