Large symphonic score shifting everything around

xxrich

Question

Greetings!
It's been a while since I composed symphonic but find lots of time on my hands these days:-)  

This was bothering me back when I was more active and it is again tonight.  So with my symphonic works I don't pre-plan the meter.  Hence I select everything and cut and paste it ahead a partial measure for example.  But using the cut and paste special I'm just brain-farting on.  I make track 1 the active track, select all,  cut special, paste special 1/2 measure in the future, but it's all pasted back track wrong.  Seems not all tracks are considered and it's all miss-aligned.  Thoughts?  Looking at some 85 midi tracks some perhaps some audio too in there.

-rich

Edited by xxrich

3 answers to this question

Fascinating, I missed all that.  Not entirely sure on it yet for meter changes and such for full scores but thanks much, will look into it!  I guess I would ask why cut and paste special aren't so special:-)  I think in logic threads and they do not function logically IMHO.

-rich

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 11:04 PM, xxrich said:

I guess I would ask why cut and paste special aren't so special:-)  I think in logic threads and they do not function logically IMHO.

The good thing is there are lots of ways to do a given thing; the bad thing is there's only one way that does what you want it to do. heh.