VSTBuzz: 83% off “The Orchestral Bundle” by Impact Soundworks

cclarry

Content & Features:

Ensemble and Solo “Chord Maker” patches – Play single notes to create fully-voiced chords, with control over chord voicing, type and instrument spread.

Ensemble and Solo “Orchestrator” patches – As you play or sequence chords, these patches will intelligently assign each note to a different instrument, creating realistic voicings!

Articulations – Sustain, staccato, tenuto, marcato.

All aleatoric FX patches – Short figures, phrases, motifs, swells, and hits that are particularly ideal for scoring purposes.

Note: This is NOT the full version of Bravura Scoring Brass, but it does contain some of the most useful patches for composers!

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

The first collection says it is for full Kontakt only - that's as far as I got as it was taking ages to load

I believe most (if not all) Impact Soundworks libraries require Full Kontakt.  Maybe there are some exceptions.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

Just now, synthmeister said:

If anyone knows a good deal it's @Reid Rosefelt!

When people talk about sketching libraries they usually bring up things like the Inspires or Nucleus or the Palettes, which are small footprint libraries that fit on a laptop, but are not the best for sketching, IMHO.  To be precise: you need to know orchestration to use them and you can make professional (final) music with them.

But if you define a sketching library as something for quickly sketching out orchestration,  then Rhapsody Orchestral Colors is exactly that.  It might even have been the very first one--ISW may have invented the whole concept.  Weirdly,  people rarely mention it when the topic of sketching libraries comes up..  Maybe because it's old? Maybe because people define sketching libraries in different ways?

My favorites are  Kirk Hunter's Virtuoso Ensembles, Indiginus's Solid State Symphony, and the "Symphony" feature in Amadeus.  These libraries are great for those of us (like me) who don't know beans about orchestration.  We can fool around and then take what we enjoy hearing and transfer to other symphonic libraries.

That said, I rarely use Rhapsody for that.  But I could!  😀 

But Rhapsody percussion is a classic, used on countless big scores.

• Thanks 1