Ableton Live Suite 10 Free for 90 days

ZincT

• 2 months later...

Sorry for reviving this, but Ableton has extended the free Live trial by another 90 days.

Got this in the mail today:

Ableton has extended your Live Trial to 180 days

Dear musician,

Back in March, we increased the Ableton Live Trial from 30 days to 90 days to assist musicians affected by the current situation. We want to help you keep making music during this challenging time, so we’ve extended your Ableton Live Trial period again from 90 to 180 days. 

You can now try all the features of Live for an additional 90 days. This change will happen automatically; there’s nothing you need to do.

Your Ableton Team

https://redirect.ableton.com/u/gm.php?UID=4ssOSpPG4B&ID=534757879_7630908_26436

Edited by Cristian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would love to know any extreme differences between this and bandlab. Ive tried other DAWs and usually get frustrated with them then come home to bandlab but if it does something different it would be great as a 2nd DAW for me. Please let me know and stay safe :)

17 minutes ago, Morris Band said:

Would love to know any extreme differences between this and bandlab. Ive tried other DAWs and usually get frustrated with them then come home to bandlab but if it does something different it would be great as a 2nd DAW for me. Please let me know and stay safe :)

Extreme differences?
The GUI, the workflow, Ableton has a lot more tutorials out there, and it's also on macOS.
And then there's Max for Live which is a whole different can of worms.

OTOH Cakewalk is free, and it also has Matrix View, which covers a lot of Ableton's Session View.
Ableton Live is quite expensive to get access to the really juicy features (at least $299 if you own live Lite).
Cakewalk's tutorial stash is also (slowly) growing.

Ableton is built like a performance DAW, Cakewalk is built more like a recording & production DAW as far as workflow goes.

I mean, at the end of the day, if you feel the itch to see what it's like, you can get the trial, no 😄?

• Great Idea 1

7 hours ago, Cristian said:

Extreme differences?
The GUI, the workflow, Ableton has a lot more tutorials out there, and it's also on macOS.
And then there's Max for Live which is a whole different can of worms.

OTOH Cakewalk is free, and it also has Matrix View, which covers a lot of Ableton's Session View.
Ableton Live is quite expensive to get access to the really juicy features (at least $299 if you own live Lite).
Cakewalk's tutorial stash is also (slowly) growing.

Ableton is built like a performance DAW, Cakewalk is built more like a recording & production DAW as far as workflow goes.

I mean, at the end of the day, if you feel the itch to see what it's like, you can get the trial, no 😄?

I would add, get both if you can. Live is a great secondary tool to have with ANY conventional recording and production DAW. It is a different animal from those.

Great for creative and experimental sound design, the session view is unparalleled. And it was built for live performance, as some have found that conventional DAWs are basically intended for studio recording only.

Try it for free while you can!