Picture folder?

AB9

Well - my splat finally stop working on a Windows 10 update.

So now I am using Bandlab Cakewalk - which is just fine.

Question - in setting it up, I can see in preferences where I can move the audio folder to another drive, which I have done.

But what about the pictures folder?  Should that remain on the C drive?  If not, how does one move it - I do not see it listed in the preferences folder?

THANKS,

AB

On a 2 drive machine leave it on the C drive. Systems with more than two drives may  benefit slightly by moving the picture cache to a non-system drive other than the project drive.

The setting for the picture folder is in preferences right below the Global Audio folder setting which should be on the same drive as project files.

I prefer to use directory junctions as described here to make these changes rather than messing with the defaults in preferences.

It's in the next preference setting down ( File->Audio Data ), along with the global audio data folder.

AFAIK there's no huge reason to move it off your C drive, but it is written to at the same time as the audio data is, but obviously it's a much smaller file.

I actually keep mine on a separate drive, alongside my projects and global audio data.