Your thoughts on changing artist name?

illerill

Hey guys,

I've been into music back and forth for about 15 years and always gone under the name "illerill". This has a bit of a backstory to it. It comes from"illerrre" which I got when I was 11 and went crazy on the keyboards because I wanted to nick "killer" when gaming. Then a friend called me "illerill" when he heard me rap. 

Anyway. I haven't released anything new in 5 years but I have some new-found motivation again. I'm thinking of changing artist name for the following reasons: 

- I don't want to be associated with my old tracks because I don't like them. I'm very critical and judge them hard. 

- I've heard that I have some similarties with Eminem and he is definitely an inspiration. Our artist names are fairly alike. 

- illerill says nothing about my music. 

Generally changing artist name isn't a good idea - or so I've heard and therefore I'm making this post. I want your thoughts on it. Maybe I'm missing something crucial, but I don't know what I have to lose doing it. I don't really have any listeners or followers on facebook, youtube nor spotify. 

The new name I'm thinking of is "Conflicted Chameleon". It describes me and it's unique with one exception. There's a person on flickr that has this as a username. Does that matter? 

I really appreciate your thoughts on this.