Can Screenset be saved and use 'globally'?

micv

I have created and saved a few screensets exactly how I like them, for example when using single monitor or multiple monitors.

From what i can tell, the saved screensets are limited to the project that it was created in. 

Is there a way to 'globally' save them and use them in any project, or as a set of default?

20 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Save your project as a project template, then you can use that template for future projects.

For new projects yes.  However I'm using CbB on old Sonar projects.  To me the Screen-set is so finicky, and all the views docking/floating don't seem to stick.

20 minutes ago, scook said:

Unlike lenses which are global, screensets are stored with the project. It is possible to import screensets from another project but this will have to be done on each project.

Now I see why that "Import Screenset" is grayed out.  Seems like an awkward way to do.  Would be good to be able to export/save (like the colors theme set) and the project can point to them (like preset in VST)

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:05 PM, micv said:

Now I see why that "Import Screenset" is grayed out.  Seems like an awkward way to do. 

The reason it is greyed out is because you need to have both projects open in order to import screensets.

1- Open project you have created your screensets in.

2- Open new project.

3- In new project use the import screensets function.

As mentioned earlier, its almost easier to just make a project template with all your saved screensets because they are indeed saved with project templates. Lenses is also a more in-depth feature for this use. as well.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Chuck E Baby said:

As mentioned earlier, its almost easier to just make a project template with all your saved screensets because they are indeed saved with project templates. Lenses is also a more in-depth feature for this use. as well.

Something I need to do myself :)