Installation Failed

Seth Gamba

Question

My system drive failed today and as I'm rebuilding my computer, I figured now was to time to go from Sonar to CbBL.  I've tried to install 4 times now.  The first time, it finished downloading and then nothing.  The second time, the installer ran, but I got the error in the first picture.  I clicked abort, and lost it all.  The second time, I got the same error, so I clicked Ignore.  I had to ignore a lot of the same error for different dll files after which the install failed.  I did get a desktop icon, but when I clicked I got the error in the second picture.  Since this is a fresh Windows install as of this morning, I ran Windows Update just in case I was missing something.  I then tried again and got the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.  I would prefer to move forward rather than going back to my old Sonar installers.

Seth

Error screenshot.jpg

Error2 screenshot.jpg

1 answer to this question

Found the answer after several tries and searches.  Took me hours as well as a failed install of Sonar Platinum with the same error.  There is a reason I never update things once I have a stable system...

To get the install to work, I had to specifically uninstall C++ 2017 x64 & x86.  I then had to install C++ 2015 x64 & x86.  After I did that, the install worked.  I read in another thread that doing this broke a different application for that user.  I will report back if that happens to me as I continue to work on rebuilding my system.

Here is the link for C++ 2015 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145