Chorus recommendation?

StudioNSFW

You just need to be able to log in to Cakewalk Command Center, and you can re-install any legacy content.

EDIT: I just checked, and the Nomad plugs are part of the Studio Mixing FX Suite under the SONAR branch (Platinum in my case).

Edited by David Baay

New account creation is disabled for Cakewalk Command Center.  Although I KNOW I had an account it was a LONG time ago and none of my e-mail addresses seem to be in there  (retrieve password says no account exists for any of the e-mails I would have used back then).    

But enough of my woes during this transition...   Back to the basic question... I am going to test fly the BlueCat Chorus for a bit. I don't need much, but I had nothing.  Recommendations for anything else that someone likes for a vintage chorus would be appreciated

Great tips,  the Blue Cat is ok for guitar but just "OK" to my ears, and crap for the vocal effect I am after - sounds more like a flanger ...so the search will go on for a bit. In other news, I pinged support and they sent me a nice list of ALL my licenses (I forgot I had the CA-2A but since I am always looking lustfully at vintage LA-2As, now I miss that one too...).  However, I did not sign up for the SSO when it was offered (I was dormant in audio and didn't think I'd be back in the game at all...) and they cannot edit that read-only database to add me at this point .  I get it, such is life.   I can't get into the command center to download this stuff, so I'll toss the closet one more time for the X3 installer (and now that CA-2A). Several lessons learned and relearned on this little quest.

The Command Center is useless for X3 and older products. It was developed for SONAR Artist/Professional/Platinum and newer products.

Without an SSO account accessing your Cakewalk purchases is a problem. PM @jon sasor [cakewalk], he may be able to help.

If you don't already have it, pick up the MFreeFXBundle

Commercial plug-ins like Auditory Tube Modulator, Eventide Instant Flanger and Valhalla UberMod may be worth a look.

For a convincing flange through zero effect (Itchycoo Park, Sky Pilot) @Craig Anderton provides the details using Sonitus Modulator in The Huge Book of Cakewalk By BandLab Tips. The best ITB flanging effect I have ever heard.

Well, the end of my chorus saga... I was able to get my hands on my X3 install media by cruising through very old backup files on some media that is DEFINATELY offline...now I remember why I put that removable drive bay in the current DAW, and why I seldom throw away old harddrives if they haven't failed yet.   So now  I have parallel installs of X2, X3, AND CbB - no .dll hell to report at this point (fingers crossed!).  The bundled Nomad BT chorus in X3 indeed was able to provide the subtle chorus I was looking for, The Acon Multiply was pretty dern good and is a close second. I don't really like the BlueCat - despite the marketing it sounds WAY too modern for this track.   Once I had the X3 thing in the rear view I was able to relax a bit on this but will be trying the demo on the Native Instruments offering as I've always liked their stuff and have high hopes, but for this mix, the bundled plugin was precisely what I was after. 

Edited by StudioNSFW
ficksing spleling errirs.

Good news

Check the dates on the PluginManager.exe and VstScan.exe in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities"

If they are not this year, consider uninstalling and re-installing CbB to restore the current shared folders. The CbB uninstall is in BandLab Assistant

3WgsmGz.png

Ignore "Install Add-ons..," circled in red, I am recycling an image used for another thread.

• Like 1

I actually did a reinstall of CbB last night in a failed attempt to resolve the GUI bug I hit (posted as "Control Bar does not respond to Mouse" in the QA section). Since I am Win 7, I don't think any effort will go into addressing it unless it also exhibits in Windows 10 instances, and I have workarounds so it's not impacting me much- it would be different without a control surface.  All plugins are showing in both X3  and CbB,  and other than the Control Bar wonkiness everything seems to be fine.  Appreciate the help along the way to my happy place.