Waves shells showing up as "Risky" on VST scan...

Steve Patrick

This has happened before and on other computers as well.  Upon the startup scan the WaveShells are popping up the dialogues that say initial scan failed and asking me if I want to "Enable" the plugin which it says would be "risky".  I do enable the shells and then after the scan has completed I do a manual scan for failed plugs and they all scan in fine.  Again, this has happened at various times in the past and has then (after and update?? windows? SPLAT??) just disappeared.  This is the longest it's been doing it.  This is on my music production DAW which is still SPLAT.  But it has done it as well in the voice over suite which is Bandlab.  Any suggestions why it's doing this and how to make it stop.  It's just an annoyance but it's an extra step on startup I'd rather not have to take.

I have the same issue. I recently upgraded my Waves plugings which converted some from VST2 to VST3.

Now plugins which had no issues do not load with the message they are missing or not properly installed.

Any help?

On 3/30/2020 at 7:02 PM, Max Arwood said:

I have a ton of waves products.  Something must be wrong.  I have never seem a Waves product cause the Risky/Do you want to Enable this plugin message.

Max Arwood

That's most likely a Windows Security issue caused by Windows recognizing Waves Plugins are changing your systems config settings, and asking you if it's OK to do. Check "YES", and be sure to run a VST scan and everything will run fine.

On 4/1/2020 at 10:47 PM, scotia1 said:

I have the same issue. I recently upgraded my Waves plugings which converted some from VST2 to VST3.

Now plugins which had no issues do not load with the message they are missing or not properly installed.

Any help?

EVERYTIME you update or upgrade Waves plugins or Waves Central, you MUST Re Scan your VST folders.

Noel has recommended running scan from preferences over the PIM for years.

The new sandbox and log options are not supported in the PIM.

In the past scanning a plug-in could corrupt memory affecting plug-ins scanned after it resulting in messages like the those described in this thread. Scanning with the sandbox option prevents one plug-in's scan from affecting others.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...