"Tongue Depressor Symphony" (with video) - mix ideas??

PhonoBrainer

On 3/30/2020 at 2:49 PM, bjornpdx said:

Tom
Truly unique sense of humor you have there!  Teeth to piano keys - nice.  The WTF at the end - nice.
The burning building - hmmm.  Really liked the music (esp the Gamelan (?) intro) and the performance is excellent as usual.
You always brighten the day for me.

Bjorn I think you and I live on the same musical street a lot of the times. Thanks so much!

On 3/30/2020 at 9:03 PM, AndyB01 said:

Well that's the strangest thing I've watched this week, but hey it's only Tuesday and we live in very strange times indeed. 😂 Loved the instrumental - don't dial that guitar down for me, I thought it sounded just great (was that a 12 string - if not what FXs are you using)?

As for the video - dentists make me shudder (yeugh) but once I got past that I thought it was pretty cool - 'anti-music video describes it pretty well I reckon.

Keep up the great work

Andy

Andy! Stranger things are yet to come for us all, I'm afraid . . . many thanks for the listens, I hope you and yours are faring well through this . . . in future vids, no more dentists without prior disclaimer! 

Edited by emeraldsoul

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 1:17 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Tom,

Great piano playing + excellent video I couldn't decide whether they were saying 'Ah' or contagiously yawning but great fun.

The mix was excellent + in the end I thought it might be a protest video about isolation.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job.

Stay safe.

regards 

paul

Thanks Paul. In isolation there is madness. I think we all know that now.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 6:19 AM, Michael Fogarty said:

I very much like the smoothness of the track.  I like it when things don't jump out too much. Very well done.  Some other instruments introduced here and there could be a plus, but what is there is well mixed.  I didn't watch the whole video because I was scrolling down to read the various comments.

Thanks Michael! The Soothe plugin tends to knock out any upper eq sharpies that the compressor shards out, if that makes any since. Appreciate the listen and the comment.

• 4 weeks later...

What an absolute treat to watch!!!  The video was the coolest, the music absolutely complemented the video and the humour was appreciated.  How in the world did you manage to obtain such a diversity of images?  Your piano playing was excellent and the other associated sounds were perfect.  Even my abject fear of dentist would not stop me from watching this.   I love that chord pattern by the guitar near the end --- so, please don't turn down the guitar.  Excellent stuff pal!!

@vechung- disgusting? agreed! It creeps me out just to think about it! Thanks for the listen!

@Makke - many thanks! please watch out for the flies . . .

@freddy j - wow that's very kind, thank you! It's such a silly idea and I ought to know better. Glad you got a chuckle out of it!

@Max Arwood - yes without the vid, it's elevator music! I'm very glad you liked it, thanks for the listen!

• 4 weeks later...

Huh... now that was a bit different.    🙃

Loved the music... so chill and pleasing, and the piano (as per usual) was a standout.  Loved the soft tone.     Now the video - that was pretty freakin' funny.  

• Like 1