what's wrong with midi input

music_fan

hello,

sometimes I don't understand the logic of midi input in CBL. in this exemple, I set my midi input on my midi controller, after recording my midi track, I set the midi input to none, in order to stop the midi signal input, but the drop box is always staying to omni !  despite I can set  'midi none' on the window track input,  but nothing change in the drop box ! I don't understand..., is this a bug ?  

TIA.

image.png.f8cffd2c4b71c1870e43789aacac959c.png

When input echo is off, setting input to None causes an instrument/MIDI track to ignore all MIDI data at it's input.

When input echo is on, the track must have an input to echo. If the input is set to None it reverts to All Tracks > Onmi.

I would like input echo off and disabled regardless of the "Always Echo Current MIDI Track" setting when the track input is set to None. But this is not how CbB works today.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scook said:

When input echo is off, setting input to None causes an instrument/MIDI track to ignore all MIDI data at it's input.

When input echo is on, the track must have an input to echo. If the input is set to None it reverts to All Tracks > Onmi.

I would like input echo off and disabled regardless of the "Always Echo Current MIDI Track" setting when the track input is set to None. But this is not how CbB works today.

And I would like the documentation to be as clear about this issue as your explanation. The None/Omni conflation in the manual has been a constant source of confusion for years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slartabartfast said:

And I would like the documentation to be as clear about this issue as your explanation. The None/Omni conflation in the manual has been a constant source of confusion for years.

TRUE!!!  I think I finally resolved it in my head a while ago with:

• None = "You didn't chose any, so all are chosen for you."  
  • Omni = "Either you chose None and all were selected for you, or you chose all."
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 8:50 PM, User 905133 said:

• Omni = "Either you chose None and all were selected for you, or you chose all."

Not really.

It is a bug. None means NO INPUT whatsoever, silent, 0, nothing. 

• Confused 2

On 3/30/2020 at 3:43 PM, slartabartfast said:

On 3/30/2020 at 3:50 PM, User 905133 said:

10 minutes ago, Evael said:

Not really.

(1) Are you disagreeing with my agreement with slartabartfast?

(2) Are you disagreeing that the solution I found to translate the linguistic conflation works for me?

On 3/30/2020 at 3:50 PM, User 905133 said:

On 4/17/2020 at 9:53 AM, User 905133 said:

(2) Are you disagreeing that the solution I found to translate the linguistic conflation works for me?

1 hour ago, Evael said:

(2) Yes

LOLOLOLOL!

1 hour ago, Evael said:

Any other current interpretation will only lead to... constipation. 🥴

I'd recommend fresh fruits and vegetables for your problem, but they might be hard to find if you have a COVID-19 inspired lock-down in place.  I have fresh veggies, but I am not leaving my home and therefore cannot send you any.  Good luck with that!!!  😉

Edited by User 905133