Bringing Now Time Marker back to the beginning

Lucy

Question

It's called the Now Time marker, right? I mean that thing that you drag back and forth that indicates where the piece starts playing from. 

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to bring that marker back to the beginning of the project, without having to press rewind, drag it manually, or set it in place by pushing Ctrl- Spacebar. 

Thanks

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Lucy said:

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to bring that marker back to the beginning of the project, without having to press rewind, drag it manually, or set it in place by pushing Ctrl- Spacebar. 

image.png.a7a1acff12b749d21fde968677d3aa6c.png   

For me "W" is pretty easy, but the virtual button also works-- it just depends if I want to use my left hand or my right hand. 

• Like 1

In 2019.09 shortcut "W" changed slightly. From https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/7164-201909-feature-overview/

Updated transport behaviors

• Go to Start and Go to End buttons now accurately seek to project beginning and end, and do not stop playback.
  • The W (rewind) key always seeks backwards in time to the prior "landmarks". There are 3 landmarks:
    • the original playback start time
    • the loop start time
    • the project start time (time 0, or 1:1:0)

Note: 
The RTZ command has been renamed to Rewind to Landmarks
The Go to Beginning (1:1:0) command has been renamed to Go to Start (RTZ)
The Go to Start transport button uses the CTRL+HOME shortcut

• Like 1

For a related discussion, see also :

which includes:

On 3/18/2020 at 2:21 PM, User 905133 said:

So far as I can tell, the Go to Start button seems to be coded to Go to Start, not whatever the user has assigned to the Ctrl + Home key binding.

For example, I have W's behavior configured so it rewinds and keeps playing. The Go-to-Start button does the same thing.  However, I can bind Ctrl+Home to Stop, duplicating the Stop button.

The point here is that based on what I tested on 3/18/2020 and confirmed today, "The Go to Start transport button uses the CTRL+HOME shortcut" is not true.

On 3/18/2020 I asked if someone else could test that.  No one replied. If my experience is not the same on others' PCs, I'd be happy to edit my comments, but so far as I can see, under 2020.01 (build 28) it does not use the function bound to the Ctrl + Home key  combo.

(I don't consider this a bug as I like being able to re-purpose Ctrl+Home. Since I already have both W and the Go-to-Start button, I don't need a two-key combo to do the same thing.) 

Edited by User 905133
to clarify my comment about Ctrl+ Home
  • Like 1