Using Ample Sound Guitar VST in Cakewalk

paul307

Hi there

If there are any Ample Sound users out there who use Cakewalk, I was hoping you could assist me in setting up  and recording Ample Sound VST  in Cakewalk .

While I can manage to set up a track using Ample Sound and record the output  , the recorded track never seems to  match what I had just  played in Strummer in Ample Sound ( when I play it back , it sounds like the notes are being doubled and the timing is all off).

I have played around with the settings in Ample Sound and the plugin settings/options in Cakewalk, but without success. 

If anyone could chime in or has any suggestions , I would really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Seconded, I´m also having trouble. I can set up a strum pattern which plays back through the plugin, but when I follow the steps to programme the MIDI as per their tutorial videos, I only get the sound of the keyboard, rather than the MIDI playing the recorded pattern I´ve programmed into the plugin.

Edited by Martyn Rich

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have the 7 day trial and wont be buying. Had nothing but trouble with  Ample Guitar III.  Making my whole workflow very clonky and unstable and when I attempt to use the effects, both mouse and keyboard do nothing have to false PC  shutdown, not good. Nobody seems to have an answer Which is a shame as really sounds good. Have now  uninstalled and cakewalk working perfectly..   Cant be trusted.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:49 PM, paul307 said:

Hi there

If there are any Ample Sound users out there who use Cakewalk, I was hoping you could assist me in setting up  and recording Ample Sound VST  in Cakewalk .

While I can manage to set up a track using Ample Sound and record the output  , the recorded track never seems to  match what I had just  played in Strummer in Ample Sound ( when I play it back , it sounds like the notes are being doubled and the timing is all off).

I have played around with the settings in Ample Sound and the plugin settings/options in Cakewalk, but without success. 

If anyone could chime in or has any suggestions , I would really appreciate it.

Just wondering how you are setting up your tracks for recording the Ample Sound output?

If you are using a simple instrument track, by default it will record the MIDI. It is possible to capture the performance as audio on a separate audio track.

If you play back an audio recording of that performance along with the MIDI, that will trigger the MIDI instrument again, and you will get it doubled. After recording the Ample Sound performance to an audio track, you will probably need to mute the MIDI clip.

Something has gone wrong with these freebies. I can't use them in w10 the bass or the guitar. They just give me error messages . I used them for about 2 years before and not sure what has gone wrong. I can still use them on my W7 laptop. 

9 hours ago, John Vere said:

Something has gone wrong with these freebies. I can't use them in w10 the bass or the guitar. They just give me error messages . I used them for about 2 years before and not sure what has gone wrong. I can still use them on my W7 laptop. 

Can't imagine why that would be, other than a corrupt install. Both the bass and the guitar still working here on Windows 10, as plugins and with the Ample mini host (standalone).

What is the error message?

I haven't tried recording with the Strat or Acoustic Amplesound models I got quite recently but I've just opened a project with the Strat in it and it seems to be playing fine and I'm on Windows 10 1909 so I don't think it is specifically a Win 10 issue

• Like 1

I tried downloading and re installing a few times. The error message is it can't find the sample library so there is no sound. I did not change any pathways etc. I've installed it to a lot of other computer before without issue. I think it's just this one computer which is not important. It's just my office computer and I don't do any real recording with it. But I like to muck about with midi files.

My main DAW computer is still in mothballs since we moved into a new house last summer. Busy with reno's and enjoying my cabinet making skills so music as a hobby took a back seat. Spending money on tools instead of music gear.  Then to top it off, the only gigs we ever play each year have all been cancelled. One of my reno's will be a real nice music room,,, complete with proper treatment. I hope Cakewalk is still working when I get there. 

• Like 2