coloured tab when using controller only on one track?

pax-eterna

It's the thin coloured bar that appears at the far left of the tracks pane when a controller is being used. I can get the controller to work on other tracks but the coloured bar seems to be only available on one track?? I can move this to another track but I cannot seem to get multiple tracks included

1 hour ago, pax-eterna said:

It's the thin coloured bar that appears at the far left of the tracks pane when a controller is being used. I can get the controller to work on other tracks but the coloured bar seems to be only available on one track?? I can move this to another track but I cannot seem to get multiple tracks included

I just did it, but honestly I don't know how. I had given up trying, moved onto re-configuring an AZController configuration to try to reconstruct how I did the nanoKontrol transport buttons --> AZController --> Cakewalk Transport, and all of a sudden I had multiple tracks with the same color WAI bar.

Here's what I can tell you: I had one Control Surface set up and added two more. I could not figure out how to intentionally assign instances 2 and 3. I played with assigning transport buttons using an earlier AZController Preset. Before I started playing around with the Preset, all I could get was Move AZ Controller - 1 here.

Nothing I tried based on the reference guide seemed to help when I did it.  But maybe it did but didn't become available until I did something else within the controller setup.

Let me know if you figure this out; I could use it!

image.png.34564304a3c0e892af28ac6fe1af0b18.png  image.png.ae6325084766dd77a1234fd3cc10853f.png

TBH I gave up in the end and just reverted to the AZController using this preset http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,283.msg1349.html#msg1349 

Only things to be aware of is that the NK2 needs be set to factory default , and to have the buttons assigned to "Toggle" and not momentary for all except the FF and RW tabs...apart from that I had to do no midi learn as all the sliders knobs and buttons worked using that preset. And interestingly enough, after a reload of Sonar all the tracks had the coloured tab??? I guess it was set somehow by the creator of that preset linked.

I won't mark the thread as solved though as I still have no REAL idea of how it is done..hahaha!

Edited by pax-eterna