MIDI notes quantize?

sadicus

I can see from your pic that you have the grid on, and maybe quantized to a half note. It's the Icon between the transport and the tool bar just above the 1/2 note in your pic. Just switch that icon off and you should record real time.

If input quantizing is enabled, the record arming button in the track will have a Q in it. Your's doesn't so that's not it. And having snap enabled should have no bearing on what gets recorded.

But I'm not really understanding what your screenshot is showing. The durations look very different, but it's hard to see that start times have been quantized at that zoom level. And the recording preview screenshot doesn't show the timeline so it's hard to relate the two.

the screen shot is showing the before and after.  I turned off / on all grid settings, with the  same result.
The Red and Yellow notes are the same thing.

The RED NOTES "checkmark" is the real time recording, the  YELLOW NOTES "X" is what happened as soon as the recording stopped. All the notes smeared to the right.

Hi:)

It looks like there are recorded additional notes, perhaps you have Midi Out activated on a synth which is recorded too?

The Red notes are the darker ones in the left window and the yellow ones the additional notes from another track I think....

Bassman.

Midi Out activated on a synth which is recorded too?

Will look into that thanks! ...what exactly am I looking for?

Here is a vid showing the issue. I Have never had this happen before.

WTFMIDI.mp4

found this, KONTAKT PLAYER 6 AND it's the culprit. So now the question is:
HOW to record ARP sequence?.This was asked in another post, and was suggested to turn this on to record Arp MIDI notes.

cbbWTFMIDIKontakt.jpg

Edited by sadicus