A way to export a list of markers?

AlChuck

Question

I'm preparing a couple of reference tracks for some friends to record their parts to remotely. None of them have Cakewalk so we have to pass around audio files and I'll assemble them and mix them at the end. I use markers to delineate the structure of the songs. It occurred to me that it would be helpful if I could get a list of my markers into a text editor and edit it to communicate  song structure to the others. I could not find a way to do this. I looked in the documentation and in the community posts, so I'm assuming this is something that cannot be done. 

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

I'm not a t home, but if you export a midi file type 1, the markers should be exported too I think....

Excellent idea!!!  I just tried it and sure enough exporting an audio project strips out the audio and leaves Markers and Notes (the ones in the Browser Notes section).  So far I have just verified this in a hex editor, but the *.midi file would be easier to parse than a *.cwp file!!!

I haven't coded in decades. Do you know of a program that will display the notes and marker times and text in a printable format?