Cannot install a Mackie Control Device after October 2019 Windows 10 Upgrade

David Borrelli

Question

I can no longer install a control surface if I select Mackie Control. Instead of Mackie Control showing up after I add it (-1) shows up and the device will not connect. This never happened until I installed the October 2019 Windows 10 Upgrade. This happens in Bandlab Cakewalk (latest version) as well as the last version of Sonar Platinum. I have no problem installing the devices with Studio One 4 so it leads me to believe it is a compatibility issue with Cakewalk and the latest version of Windows. Any suggestions for a fix? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

2 answers to this question

It sounds something has become corrupt at some point.

Both CbB and Sonar use the same MackieControl.dll within C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces, so that explains them behaving in the same way.

What I would do for starters, is:

1. Within C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces: rename MackieControl.ini  to MackieControl.ini.bak  (this will reset any issues with plugin mappings being corrupt)

2. Within %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core: rename ctrlsurface.dat to ctrlsurface.dat.bak  (this will reset any issues with the ctrl surface preset being corrupt)

If this still doesn't do the trick, you could try replacing the MackieControl.dll itself within C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces.

You can download it from Cakewalk's github site:  https://github.com/Cakewalk/Cakewalk-Control-Surface-SDK/blob/master/Bin/x64/MackieControl.dll

Note that on Windows 10, you may need to "unblock" this by right click->properties and unblocking it at the bottom of the dialog.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:48 PM, David Borrelli said:

I can no longer install a control surface if I select Mackie Control. Instead of Mackie Control showing up after I add it (-1) shows up and the device will not connect. This never happened until I installed the October 2019 Windows 10 Upgrade. This happens in Bandlab Cakewalk (latest version) as well as the last version of Sonar Platinum. I have no problem installing the devices with Studio One 4 so it leads me to believe it is a compatibility issue with Cakewalk and the latest version of Windows. Any suggestions for a fix? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

I have the same problem, could you solve it?