Torpedo Wall Of Sound Plugin FREE Until April 30th

locrian

https://www.two-notes.com/wall-of-sound

Until the 30th of April 2020, download the plugin and receive a lifetime license containing two Virtual Cabinets.

The cabinets are the Brit VintC (inspired by a closed-back Marshall® Slash Signature 4×12″ with Celestion® V30 speakers) and the Watt FanC (inspired by a closed-backHiwatt® 2×12″ with Fane speakers).

Torpedo Wall of Sound is a convolution-based cabinet speaker simulator. The software emulates the entire guitar recording chain, including the speaker, microphones, preamps, and the studio room acoustics. Torpedo Wall of Sound is available in VST, VST3, AU, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats for digital audio workstations on PC and Mac. Both 32-bit and 64-bit plugin hosts are supported.

• Thanks 5

47 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Thought is was previously free..

I think the player, IR app is. But you have to buy the speaker IR's. And I don't think they ever gave any away for free. I may be wrong about that. But like you, I have it too. Never used it much yet. I really didn't buy into the "whole signal chain" approach. I want a Speaker IR to do that, not everything. 

31 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

How does this work with User IRs?

Not sure. I have used it but not that much. And I can't remember if I loaded any of my own IR's into it. 
That was the reason I was wanting to try it out, to work with all my IR's that I have. And if your like me, I know you got a ton of them!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

How does this work with User IRs? Worth checking out?

I have a bunch of Cabinet IRs that I never use because they are just too annoying to organize.

It works. Kind of. But navigating user IRs is such a PITA, I gave up using WoS for this. And if you consider buying IRs form them keep in mind that the more licenses you buy, the slower the plugin becomes. To the point it starts crashing your DAW in the middle of the recording/mixing process.

• Thanks 5

19 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

How does this work with User IRs? Worth checking out?

I have a bunch of Cabinet IRs that I never use because they are just too annoying to organize.

59 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

It works. Kind of. But navigating user IRs is such a PITA, I gave up using WoS for this. And if you consider buying IRs form them keep in mind that the more licenses you buy, the slower the plugin becomes. To the point it starts crashing your DAW in the middle of the recording/mixing process.

To be honest I didn't notice that number of bought licenses lowered down performance significantly however if you have lots of IRs it would take some time whenever  plugin started as it needed to reindex them and generated user menu with many levels if many dirs.

I have overall 23k IRs to reindex so it takes every time few-several seconds to wait till it completed to build menu (SSD disk of course).

There is 'user' check-mark which tells plugin not to use (and not to index) user IRs however it seems its state do not persists till another instance or session as far I can see. Well for sure there is at least few annoying thing which should be improved here. 😕

However, from my point of view this fresh indexing -> generate menu  is big advantage ;)

As if you have IRs in nice dir structures user menu will reflect it with many levels. On the opposite to mess you can find in bx amp sims with linear never-ending scrolling to go to specific IR (worst ever idea to select IRs and turn on using IR?).

And in the plugin you can easily mix user IRs with provided from 2N what is another plus considering TWoS can mix really huge amount of cabs...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Soundwise said:

It works. Kind of. But navigating user IRs is such a PITA, I gave up using WoS for this.

Now I remember... I quit for this reason here. And I didn't like all the fx stuff with it. I wanted an speaker IR to do that... only.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Piotr said:

I have overall 23k IRs to reindex so it takes every time few-several seconds to wait till it completed to build menu (SSD disk of course).

Not exactly what I was talking about. If you buy cabs from Two Notes, each cab checks your license with TN online services. This slows things down noticeably and proved to be somewhat buggy.

4 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Not exactly what I was talking about. If you buy cabs from Two Notes, each cab checks your license with TN online services. This slows things down noticeably and proved to be somewhat buggy.

Hm, strange, I have 148 cabs from them and if I exclude IRs (for instance pointing to empty dir) it is loading licenses in about 1-3 seconds.  Few seconds more it needs to load info about online content not owned to update menu (overall 326 items currently).

After initial load it works without any noticeable delays for me.

Of course if I picked any not owned cab it would connect to server to load and insert demo sound. 

But I tend to turn off online checkbox as I need them only if I am interesting in testing sound of cabs before I decide if I like it to buy (if any decent promo available I am aware of).

What is annoying me - besides of not keeping my checkbox settings for next session - is using position number for mics when changing cab instead of mic name, mess about presets, no possibility to check which bundles belongs picked cabs, etc... There are plenty of workflow things which definitely should be improved.  And not really happy with my contact with support when I tried to replace cabs which I got from ARC... But well... Many supports seems very similar. Super helpful in easy, typical cases but when anything more complicated then many of them show user is alone... Happily there are exceptions...

But overall I like it very much.

Using plain IRs  is very tedious hard work. For instance I had a bundle from Celection IR cabs. They were great but there so inconvenient to look through them checking dirs/IRs and mix different mics and try and again... So I bought their bundle for exact the same IRs (Celestion  licensed) so now I can just use GUI to move mics etc...

But if you are experiences any serious problems I understand you... I was totally discouraged by BIAS AMP2 and their stupid login dialog which makes me stopped to use it... Support experience was also awful...  If you are saying a support guy you have exactly the same issue on different computers and OSes and he keeps telling you to reinstall... Well... Everybody has her/his limits...

But anyway... We have currently more serious problems to think of than plugins with their issues... :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Piotr said:

Using plain IRs  is very tedious hard work. For instance I had a bundle from Celection IR cabs. They were great but there so inconvenient to look through them checking dirs/IRs and mix different mics and try and again... 

This is my experience exactly.

• Like 1